linedriver?

it will increase the voltage going to your amp(s).

you know when you see headunits that have 2volt preouts, or 4 volt preouts, well factory units dont have that, so i assume a line output converter will be used in your case. the line driver will go between the line output converter and the amp, and will increase the signal voltage, so your amp will get a high volt signal, it should be a good thing, as long as the price is decent.

how much is it?

What Model is he trying to sell you???

Usually when you try and run a stock head unit with an amp you have to buy one of those around 30.00 converters that takes ""High Level Speaker Outputs"" and converts them to a line out source that your amp will take...

Some of Audio Control's gear has speaker level inputs and will do what I listed above... Plus will boost your input signal... Kinda goofy sounding I guess..

hmm, not sure what one that is... A lot of Audio controls devices can put out 10 volts... 129.00 does not sound like a bad deal thought if you want to spend the money... Basicly, its gonna let you get more outta your amp and less RFI through your RCAs...

actually AC units are mostly 13volts at peak, but its not often that you get peak signal, I am running a bunch of line drivers in my set up, I love them and I am strong supporter of them, I dont really feel like getting into the whole higher voltager lower noise great headroom more dynamic a signal, the sound is just flat out improved with the HU pushing its full signal strength and the Linedriver sending it even more

actually AC units are mostly 13volts at peak, but its not often that you get peak signal, I am running a bunch of line drivers in my set up, I love them and I am strong supporter of them, I dont really feel like getting into the whole higher voltager lower noise great headroom more dynamic a signal, the sound is just flat out improved with the HU pushing its full signal strength and the Linedriver sending it even more
You said you are Running a bunch of Line drivers???

What kind and how many? How many amps on each??? To what amps???

I am strongly looking at getting one or more Line drivers...... I have 4 Amps for Subs and 2 maybe 3 for fronts...

The linedriver he is probably selling you is the Overdrive. It is a great piece. Install it as close to the HU as possible. Just make sure your amp can take the voltage, because Audio Control doesnt mess around. Its real good sheeeeeeeit

You said you are Running a bunch of Line drivers??? What kind and how many? How many amps on each??? To what amps???

I am strongly looking at getting one or more Line drivers...... I have 4 Amps for Subs and 2 maybe 3 for fronts...
all my signal processor are Audio Control and will never be anything else,

Technically 2 line drivers and one subsonic processor,

I have the 4.1 is an EQ/linedriver pushing my mids and highs

then the Overdrive is pushing my 2 Cadence Amps for the subs

then after the Overdrive but before the Amps there is the Epicenter

all my signal processor are Audio Control and will never be anything else, 

Technically 2 line drivers and one subsonic processor,

I have the 4.1 is an EQ/linedriver pushing my mids and highs

then the Overdrive is pushing my 2 Cadence Amps for the subs

then after the Overdrive but before the Amps there is the Epicenter
WOW... This sounds like a great setup...

But I got a lot of questions....

How did you wire this... Headunit, RCAs to the Overdrive, Then RCAs to the Epicenter, then RCA Ys into your 4 inputs on Your 2 Amps? Where is your in Front or rear..

Do you think a single Over Drive would be sufficient for my 4 Sub amps?

I'm gonna have to split the output 8 ways, cause 4 amps 2 inputs each, thats 8 inputs...

I drew it out, I would need 6 RCA Y Adapters....

Like this...Comming out of the Overdrive 1 on each of the 2 outputs then 2 more on each of them, that'll give me (8) then outputs to mach up to the amps inputs..

Or I was looking at the Matrix, it has 3 pairs of outputs. I might be able to use 2 of pairs and put 2 amps on each pair, this way its fairly symetrical, I want all 4 amps to get the same levels input...

Actually, I just read the PDF again an it says

""An autosound system that utilizes multiple amplifiers will require multiple outputs.

The MATRIX provides a unique linking ability that allows two input channels to be configured to produce up to six output channels, each of which can drive up to seven amplifiers."""

OH BTW, I have an EPIcenter too... Not sure How, I'll deploy it..

Man, thanks for all your info on this.... I like to help others as much as I can, but its nice when I want more info on something and somene has some factual or real hands on comments.... Not just a ""DUDE, my Boy has Product (insert name here) and it it rocks out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif "....

WOW... This sounds like a great setup...
But I got a lot of questions....

How did you wire this... Headunit, RCAs to the Overdrive, Then RCAs to the Epicenter, then RCA Ys into your 4 inputs on Your 2 Amps? Where is your in Front or rear..

Do you think a single Over Drive would be sufficient for my 4 Sub amps?

I'm gonna have to split the output 8 ways, cause 4 amps 2 inputs each, thats 8 inputs...

I drew it out, I would need 6 RCA Y Adapters....

Like this...Comming out of the Overdrive 1 on each of the 2 outputs then 2 more on each of them, that'll give me (8) then outputs to mach up to the amps inputs..

Or I was looking at the Matrix, it has 3 pairs of outputs. I might be able to use 2 of pairs and put 2 amps on each pair, this way its fairly symetrical, I want all 4 amps to get the same levels input...

Actually, I just read the PDF again an it says

""An autosound system that utilizes multiple amplifiers will require multiple outputs.

The MATRIX provides a unique linking ability that allows two input channels to be configured to produce up to six output channels, each of which can drive up to seven amplifiers."""

OH BTW, I have an EPIcenter too... Not sure How, I'll deploy it..

Man, thanks for all your info on this.... I like to help others as much as I can, but its nice when I want more info on something and somene has some factual or real hands on comments.... Not just a ""DUDE, my Boy has Product (insert name here) and it it rocks out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif "....

dude, I once knew this guy whos brother in law talked to a guy at best buy.......

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

lol j/k

ok so the way I have everything connected is:

-From the Head Unit, the fronts and rear signal outputs are going from the HU to the AC 4.1 Linedriver/EQ then from the 4.1 to the mids and highs amps,

-from the Head unit, the sub or line out channel is running to the Overdrive which is mounted near the HU and then from the Overdrive to the Epicenter, mounted in the rear, then from the Epicenter to the Sub amps, but my Cadence sub amps have a signal out which sends the input from the Epicenter that the first amp is seeing through on to the second amp

now for you the MATRIX is a good viable option, also if you need a crossover look into the AudioControl 6XS, it is a linedriver and crossover with a 6 channel in and 6 channel out,

the thing is that if your amps have a line out (sub amps) then you dont need to use "Y", because when you Y off the signal your splitting the voltage, and so the amps are seeing half of what is coming down the RCA's, so running a line out or the MATRIX is the better way, I am dealing with voltage drop is becuase I am running about 22 feet worth of RCA's because I have my cables burried underneath everything in an explorer, so there is a long distance to drive the signal,

I hope this helps some more, if need be I could draw it out or something

oh yeah you should check out my site too, http://www.ssaudio.com/forum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/angel.gif.fa7795fff6653f4381ba158c55a48b74.gif

haha well if ur like me and have a jbl....well hell neva mind just check out that site //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

hey

i had the same thing. when i got subs put in i still had my factoy h/u. and they sold me the line output convertor. i just got a new Cd player like 2 days ago and i dont need the convertor ne more, so if you would wanan buy it from ill sell it to yea for cheap..

ight

later

sam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kowboy

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
kowboy
The "D"
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date