lightweight subs that still sound good?

McNRG
10+ year member

Im looking for some lightweight subs that still sound good tight and that are loud?

I was looking at the Boston Acoustic 12.5lf but was wondering if there was anything else out there? Any help and coments would be appreciated.

I have a 300zx twinturbo and i want so bass in the car but don't want alot of weight.

I have an integra gs-r that is going ot have a phoenix gold TI Elite 12" which im going ot make into a comp car. but i just want something to sound good and not make alot of extra weight

I'd go with one ten or a couple of 8's...even w/ the heaviest of those subs you won't notice a difference...unless you're racing le mans or something.

I know a guy who put 3 Diamond Audio CM3 8" subs in the back of an s2000. and he is a very performance oriented person. They sound good too.

how about the jlaudio w7 10
w7's are preatty heavy i wouldnt recomend a w7 if u want th elightest sub..i would get 2 10's almost any kind aof tens except xxx w7 an a few other brands...my 10wo's are preatty light but there not th ehardest hitting subs...edk's migh tbe preatty light?!

i know for us BMW 3 series owners many people use JL Stealth Boxes. The go in to ur rear deck and replace ur rear speakers. They suposedly sound awesome never heard them tho and im not sure if they go in other cars but i think so.

Originally posted by McNRG I have a 300zx twinturbo and i want so bass in the car but don't want alot of weight.

I have an integra gs-r that is going ot have a phoenix gold TI Elite 12" which im going ot make into a comp car. but i just want something to sound good and not make alot of extra weight
I seriously the weight of a sub is going to make any noticeable difference in the performance of the car.

-peace

if ur lookin for lightweight for racing ur car why dont u loose a few pounds then? u will notice the same advantage in performance as using a really lightweight sub.... wich is nothing. (unless of course ur a really fat mofo and loose 100lbs or something)

but if u need a lightweigh sub because of a weak box or something id say go with any of the other suggentions. now seriously it wouldnt make a diference.

Wow that has to be the most intelligent answer i have even heard. Thanks alot Ill make sure to start throwing up after every meal. Overdose on ephedra and f**k your mom 4 more times a day than usual for cardio. but seriously to everyone else thanks for the info. I think im gonna go with some jl w6 10"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.