Lights on + stereo on + a/c on full blast = low voltage??

Rkrajnov
10+ year member

Indiana
I've had my system installed for a while with no noticeable power issues. I have either a 125 or 135 amp stock alt (forget which) and two amps (one rated at a little over 1k watts and one rated at 300 watts). The alt and battery are fairly new and they seem to charge up fine for the most part. Even when my systems blasting my battery volts will usually make their way back between upper 13s and mid 14s in voltage. However, it's been hot out and I had the a/c on today for the first time in a while while sitting in idle. the lights in my car were also on and my battery volts dropped real low (like 12.3). They seemed to stay there and not drop any lower and as soon as I turned my a/c off they shot back up to normal (even with music and lights still on). Is it normal for the combination of all these things + a car in idle to drive down the volts so low or could this be a sign of putting too much load on my system? I'll see tomm if the volts drop as low with a/c on while moving.

Get your battery and your alt checked out at Orileys, or Autozone,its free.How old is your battery?Alt?Id upgrade both when time comes for new,worth the extra money spent in the future,rather than later on.

Get your battery and your alt checked out at Orileys, or Autozone,its free.How old is your battery?Alt?Id upgrade both when time comes for new,worth the extra money spent in the future,rather than later on.
Ya, I probably should do that, and they're both about a year old. I wouldn't think they would be going bad at this point, but I suppose they could with the stress from my system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.