Lightning Audio or JBL

Hands down the Lightning audio. We in our shop have tested both agiainst one another and found the Lighning to be alot better amp but and way underrated like the Rockford Fosgate amps (Since they are made by them) we also found when we opened it up it had t6he same board and circuitry as the bd1000.1 and just as powerful only downfall is it does'nt run quite as cool but hey for around 200 dollars cheaper I can buy quite a few fans LOL.

I disagree. I would go with the JBL if you are looking to upgrade. As Lightning Audio is an affiliation of RF, Lightning amps are known to short and the circuitry fries. Even with the fans. The 1200.1 is a great amp, and is underrated as well. The Lightning amp is not stable at 1 ohm and will get pretty darn hot at around 1.5 ohms. The 1200.1 is your best bet.

are the lightining audio amps your talking about the bolt series? and will they still short if you buy that extra fan for it?

Is it the yellow or the gray one? I dont tknow much about the Lightning Audio models!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Considering they have the same circuitry as the bd1000.1hey its your opinion and thats you but I have tested and found the LA to be better and yes its the gray model storm series now not to offend you but have you compared the amps? If not you have no room to talk I am not talking anything bad about the JBL I think it is a awsome amp but in my opinion the LA audio amp is better. So dont get mad just opinions here but really cold hard facts plus the JBL got hotter quicker at 1ohm than the LA did and the both stayed cool at 2 ohms.

At no where did I get mad, but how did you test the output of power. I would go with a JBL 1200.1 over a bd1000 anyday, b/c you get more power for the buck. Why would you be willing to pay 150+ extra dollars just to be getting the same power. I personally like LA, but JBL is better quality. They don't get hot @1 ohm, well let me take that back, after about 2 hours of straight music, they might. JBL makes some of the best amps on the market, and I would definitly put mine up against any RF or LA excluding the 1500.1:D

Yea I know man its just that anymore you say anything like that and it starts world war III lol. I was just saying that the LA does'nt get that hott really stays cool and the test we did the jbl got hotter which was'nt hot really at all for 1ohm the LA did have a fan tyhough so that helped but the circuitry is awsome on those LAs the same as the bd1000.1 I like jbl though they were both around the same peak but the jbl had alot more rms.

and that is my point...jbl has more rms, but less features. LA is a good company, but I'd rather have more power than extra features that are not a necessity...I guess that is why I am an SPL freak!!!

jbl shuts off at anything under 1 ohm so if you bridge it to 1 ohm it might shut off and make a weird noise pop back on and so forth the lightning has done almost the same ..i wouldnt say one is definatly better than the other and the "heat" is detirmined by the load which is reactive i might add so its bound to be diff for different peoples set up.... if you want to test this you will need the same stuff as you would to test any amp and that is alota work lol

well this is the setup i will be using. I am getting a 15" alpine type R sub and another in a later time when i get more cash. The sub is Duel voice coil and 4 ohms by 4 ohms (hence duel voice coils). Anyway, when i wire the sub parallel i will get 2 ohms. So i will only put a 2 ohm load on the amp.

-Also, I know the Jbl amps have 4 speaker out puts even though its a mono amp. I was wondering if the LA amp does too (because i will be running 2 subs on the amp).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.