Lexus ES300 Wiring Diagram and Set-up Help Needed!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Casurfer99
10+ year member

Alright fellas I'm almost ready to put in my system. I got the power wiring set to go, the speaker wires are in and it's about done, but I'm a little lost as to how i need to hook up my amps to the factory H/U. I was planning on putting a converter onto the outputs, running it to my amp, and then be done with it. Well as I've come to learn I have to "bypass" the factory amplifiers. Now heres the tricky part. I'm using one amp to power 4 Infinity speakers (2 6.5's and 2 6x9's)(4 channel), and running off that another amp for a sub (2 channel yet to be bridged). I still have 2 tweeters and two speakers in the dash that I want to run off the factory amp. Is this possible?! Should I use the factory amp or try to figure out a way to use my aftermarket amps to power them too?! Basically how should I set this up, what converters should I be using, and how many do you think I'll need. I know it's somewhat of an odd, and hard question but any help or input would be greatly valued. Thanks, James (CASurfer99@AOL.com)

Note: If any of you have a stereo wiring diagram for this sytem that would help tremendously!!

so you are using the factory headunit, and the factory amp?? the factory amp might be 6 channel, maybe not, but maybe. the factory amp is either in the trunk, or under a seat. you're probably gonna have to use a level line converter to get signal to RCA, or tap into the wiring and run that to your amp (cut and splice). it's also possible to piggy back your sub amp off of the 4 channel and you can use a short set of RCAs for this. if the factory amp is 6 channel, you can keep the tweets running off of that, then tap into the door speakers for front and the rear speakers for rear. you'll need the converters for this. if the factory amp is 4 channel, you will completely bypass that amp, run all the outputs from the amp to converters, then you'll have to figure out a way to run the tweets and the front together. sorry this is a very generic answer, and i'm sure this is stuff you already knew, but if not...now you know.

Jacob

Thanks Cobb for the reply. I got a wiring schematic diagram today from a guy I know whos a mechanic and it kind of all looks pretty eay now. I'm probably going to end up putting the converter straight on the front doors speakers and rear deck speakers just as they come from the H/U and leave the tweeters and "squakers" (Lexus's name for speaker in dash?) hooked up to amp and let then do their own thing. I believe this will give me 4 RCA's to my 4-channel amp so that I can keep the fade and everything. Then, like you mentioned, I should be able to use short RCA's to hook up the second sub amp and go from there. In theory this will work but who knows. If you have any more input it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, James

Nice car,i like those es300's,anyhow you might get unstable performance from your factory amps and deck due to the fact the stock speakers are usually different ohms then aftermarket equip,for instance Bmw's Hk set-up runs at 3ohm.Just a thought:)

Hey I did give some thought the the ohm difference but I don't think it will be too huge of a deal. The stock amp will still ONLY be driving ther stock tweeters and "squaker" spakers, and the after market amps will ONLY drive aftermarket speakers (all 4 ohms) and a second amp for an aftermarket subwoofer (8 ohm). So basically as I see it the only part where they're even relatively similar is the fact that they both come from the same H/U. If I'm totally missing your point please let me know I don't want to get way into this then have some stupid stuff mess me up. Thanks, James

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.