Let's talk DD Audio

I happen to like my 2510, feels really punchy and hit's notes really tight. I just want to get even louder running 2 of them now, so I can't really compare it to JL as far as if it's SQ. Sounds good to me on Drum and bass

I will argue ''better for the money''
Ok... Argue then. How many $400+ subs have you used, tested, beat the snot out of? The 3512 blew them all out?

Isnt retail over $400 for a 3512?
My sources say $475ish if you were to just walk into a retailer.

Now, let's examine some woofers you can get for $475ish. ONLY taking into account single 12's because you could buy way more cone with that much.

DC XL? Hmm... huge forum boner. Gets lower, sounds better, takes more abuse, better soft parts. And I don't even like DC.

Sundown Z v3 - Gets Low low. Abuseable rating through the roof. I've seen FR graphs on par with LMS Ultra in a direct comaprisons. Customer service out the yin yang.

ZCon? Fully beast. Will murder that 3512

AudioQue HDC4. - 4" coil. Monster daily and will get retarded in the lanes. Will make that 3512 it's bitch.

I mean... the list goes on. I have a sub in my car right now from a company you've never heard of that will beat that 3512 like a red headed step child.

There's no arguing that DD is the loudest, most proven sub company (in the lanes) on the planet. I actually like DD, but I grew out of that phase when I tried other woofers. The 3512 is a fantastic sub. But IMO there is better... or at the VERY least, other options for the money and I wouldn't spend that much on it. You want a 3512? Get a damn HDC3 for half the price.

I wouldn't say the hdc3 is as good as the 3512. Those 3512's are rated at 1200 rms, 4800 peak. And those numbers are pretty accurate. Those hdc3's are rated to like 3k. That's a big gap. That's exactly why DD is a better SPL sub. Built for burping and more power. I'd pay the $475 over $550+ for a weak W7. It's all about what you are into to justify the cost really.

I wouldn't say the hdc3 is as good as the 3512. Those 3512's are rated at 1200 rms, 4800 peak. And those numbers are pretty accurate. Those hdc3's are rated to like 3k. That's a big gap. That's exactly why DD is a better SPL sub. Built for burping and more power. I'd pay the $475 over $550+ for a weak W7. It's all about what you are into to justify the cost really.
As far as music goes, you can put about 2k to a 3500. The HDC3's will take a little more in my opinion. I actually had a 3510 and a hdc310 at the same so I did a direct comparison, the HDC3 will handle more power but it all depends. The DD is a better woofer.

I honestly think that they are just an all around better quality sub. I would feed a 3512 3k all day and it will take it. I just can't see the hdc3 take it for too long

i would recomend the american bass hd series 12s for a daily and if you wanted spl get the xfl versions the hd2 i have and its awesome in its box! also 3000watts peak but really underated 1500 watts rms THANK YOU

Last edited by a moderator:
i would recomend the american bass hd series 12s for a daily and if you wanted spl get the xfl versions the hd2 i have and its awesome in its box! also 3000watts peak but really underated
Don't ****** post till you know what the fuckk your talking about

My old 2510 was a very nice sub for what I paid for it "180 shipped". Had it in a a 1.8cf box tuned to 36.5hz wired to my old aq2200d @2ohm and it sounded pretty good and took the power well. It went bye bye when I by acident dropped below tuning and the spiders seperated. Again that was my fault not the subs. I think taylor just about said all that needs to be said about other options.

you know it was just a sugestion first of all because dd and ab are each others competition and for you two who so rudely commented on mine f/o jesus christ i mean really

you know it was just a sugestion first of all because dd and ab are each others competition and for you two who so rudely commented on mine f/o jesus christ i mean really
DD competing with AB??????? WHAT THE FUCK ARE U TALKING ABOUT.....take that stupid shit over to SMD.......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.