let the mind wonder...tablet wiring help and ideas.

treiber67
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
well my old school excelon deck took a **** on me. My new idea is to get rid of the whole indash unit I have and go with this galaxy tab three that's just sitting around collecting dust. It has service on it with Sprint. Here is what I'd like to accomplish. I have Two hifonics glx1400. hifonics 500.2. And a kicker 600.4. I want to run all those amps to my tablet. I know I need a sh** load of y splitters but what else would I need? Relay for the remote for sure but what about signal? If I left any important details out let me know. Why am I doing this? Why spend another $200 on a deck if most of my highs are ran off amplifiers to begin with....

It's not a matter of needing more voltage to your amp's input, it's a matter of headphone jacks are made for HEADPHONES and the general poor sound quality that isn't audible at 2 watts through your headphones will become much more audible when you amplify it.

Running anything high power off a headphone jack is a bad idea. Buy a proper head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.