Let the box building begin...PICS

We simply cannot make it any longer. The way the hatch sits makes it perfect the way it is now. I'm not 100 percent sure what you are talking about though. Could you edit one of my pics to highlight the area(s) you are talking about?
Well, then that cancels out my idea. What I meant was something like this (sorry for the crappy paint pic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif)

bholt.jpg

The red lines represent the extension of the port walls I was talking about.

Well, then that cancels out my idea. What I meant was something like this (sorry for the crappy paint pic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif)
bholt.jpg

The red lines represent the extension of the port walls I was talking about.
That section won't get any bigger. It would be awesome if it could, but that isn't happening.

Anyone have any ideas as to how we could fiberglass that section? I don't know how we would do it, but I assume that you make a mold of the rounded part of the car, then somehow attach it to the box. Someone point us in the right direction if we are way off.

That section won't get any bigger. It would be awesome if it could, but that isn't happening.
Anyone have any ideas as to how we could fiberglass that section? I don't know how we would do it, but I assume that you make a mold of the rounded part of the car, then somehow attach it to the box. Someone point us in the right direction if we are way off.
D*mn those low camaro hatches. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you could either mold that curve section and then just glass if onto the wood or you could put that side piece next to the curve and the top piece and then just glass them together, either way is pretty much the same, but the fiberglass bonds really well with wood so dont worry about that part, or i just thought of another way since ported boxes have to be made **** near perfect you can rabbet the inside edges of the pieces that align with the curve and then attach like a t shirt between them to form the arc and resin that then apply the mat until its flush with the wood

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.