Less noise w/ the audio control matrix (line driver)?!?!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

seatown1two
10+ year member

So the noise that is audible in my system right now (a slight crackle) is coming solely from the tweeters and actually goes away within 10 minutes of playing the system continuously. In the process of rewiring my system to accommodate a sub off the rear channels, I decided to try an experiment.

Both amp and matrix pro are velcroed to the portion of the trunk floor board closest to the rear seat. So I unplugged the signal rca's from the matrix and plugged them directly into the amp.

While the output was noticeably less (due to bypassing the matrix and not adjusting the gain on the amp), the amount of noise was 10x worse. I could hear the crackle in the tweets, engine noise and a horrible hiss when at full volume (for me that's around 30) in between tracks.

From what I read on this forum my experience sounds backwards and is leading me to believe that my amp is defective. Any input would be appreciated!

PS: Amp is Zed Draconia II. Comps running off front channels and nothing off the rears atm... Also I picked up the line driver due to keeping my factory headunit, taking the signal pre amp (there is a stock amp) and low output voltage.

So the noise that is audible in my system right now (a slight crackle) is coming solely from the tweeters and actually goes away within 10 minutes of playing the system continuously. In the process of rewiring my system to accommodate a sub off the rear channels, I decided to try an experiment.
Both amp and matrix pro are velcroed to the portion of the trunk floor board closest to the rear seat. So I unplugged the signal rca's from the matrix and plugged them directly into the amp.

While the output was noticeably less (due to bypassing the matrix and not adjusting the gain on the amp), the amount of noise was 10x worse. I could hear the crackle in the tweets, engine noise and a horrible hiss when at full volume (for me that's around 30) in between tracks.

From what I read on this forum my experience sounds backwards and is leading me to believe that my amp is defective. Any input would be appreciated!

PS: Amp is Zed Draconia II. Comps running off front channels and nothing off the rears atm... Also I picked up the line driver due to keeping my factory headunit, taking the signal pre amp (there is a stock amp) and low output voltage.
Hmmmm.. Audiocontrol makes High Quality sound processing equipment. I have a Four.1 that feeds my 6xs, and they both have line drivers=Screaming hot signal.. The problem you may be having is a weak signal from ur "stock" head unit.. A difference in potential could also be an issue with you grounding.. Set ur gains with a dmm, or a o-scope or a DD-1 if you can get ur hands on one. It might help you find the cause.. compensating for a low voltage output H.U. by adding a line driver can definately introduce unwanted "noise" into ur system too.. Good luck bro

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.