legacy review?

Review Committee Review of Legacy Amps:

They ****

Thanks for reading and look for more Review committee Reviews soon!!!

From first hand experience I can tell you the Lanzar Vibe series is a great line of amps for those of us on a budget. I've used several of them, and a handful of other budget amps for that matter. The vibe 230 (100x2) can be found for 80-90 shipped.

The 430 was tested once to put out 296x2 bridged @ 4 ohms mono(this is actual tested power output, not rated)

I believe the 250 is rated at 225x2 @ 4 ohms stereo. (probably about 200x2 actual)

So the edge in power would certainly go to the 430.

HOWEVER, in my use with the 430...It would go into thermal protection when I had it running hard with all channels at 2 ohms (or 4 ohms bridged). It would take generally 1/2 hour of HARD playing, but nonetheless, thermal shutdown is always a bummer. It's the price you pay for pushing a budget amp to its limits. Still, for the money, it does a good job.

i dont understand all this ohms stuff but.... if i got a 430 and lets say only ran 250 bridged to each sub would it do that thermal shutdown thing?

Originally posted by n2audio The 430 was tested once to put out 296x2 bridged @ 4 ohms mono(this is actual tested power output, not rated)

I believe the 250 is rated at 225x2 @ 4 ohms stereo. (probably about 200x2 actual)

So the edge in power would certainly go to the 430.

HOWEVER, in my use with the 430...It would go into thermal protection when I had it running hard with all channels at 2 ohms (or 4 ohms bridged). It would take generally 1/2 hour of HARD playing, but nonetheless, thermal shutdown is always a bummer. It's the price you pay for pushing a budget amp to its limits. Still, for the money, it does a good job.
K yea go with e the 430

I think he would be the 2 channels bridged at 4 ohms so itsnt this the same as like 8 0hms mono?

Originally posted by dan3286 i dont understand all this ohms stuff but.... if i got a 430 and lets say only ran 250 bridged to each sub would it do that thermal shutdown thing?
Let me give you a simplified explanation of "ohm's stuff" --

An "ohm" is simply a measure of electrical resistance, the lower the value, the easier it is for electrical current to flow.

Since you have 4 ohm subs, you would be able to "bridge" each pair of amp channels on a 4 ch amp into 2 more powerful channels. As would be the case if you use the vibe 430.

As far as the amp shutting down. I can't say that it won't. I should add though that I was using the 430 over a year ago, it's possible Lanzar has addressed the thermal protection over-reactivity (IMO) issue. I know they did in the 1200D.

But IMO, if you're listening to it at reasonable volumes, I don't think you'll ever have a problem with it over heating. However, if you're say, at a party with the thing cranked I wouldn't be surprised if it starts shutting down on you after an extended period of time.

Originally posted by picklekx I think he would be the 2 channels bridged at 4 ohms so itsnt this the same as like 8 0hms mono?
Do huh?

When the VIbe 250's first came out in 99" i bought 2 and was still running both of them until late last year. I have tried them in almost every configuration possible including 2 ohm bridged and never had any problems with them. For a lower priced amp they performed much better than i or any of my friends would have anticipated.The 430 on the other hand i tried one and it blew about 2 months after buying it.(maybe i just had bad luck)All in all I have found the original Vibe series to be a good choice for low priced amps.

91 honda civic

panasonic 802u head

2 kicker 15" 15l7's

2 kicker 500.2 amps

no batteries no caps yet

I have tried the 210, 220 & 430. I would say they are very good on speakers but do cut off frequently with subs at high volume. Which is a pain because you only buy subs for one reason dont you ( to play them loud)

I have had 3 Vibe 430s and have run channel 1&2 @ 2 ohm with 6x9 and 6" comps which worked fine but when I connected the sub to channel 3&4 bridged it would cut off at high is volume, So i would hve to turn the gain lower. This led me to belive that the power stated on the amps is overated. Funnly enough all the speakers were made buy Lanzar and where matched for power with the amp.

If u r buying Lanzar go with more power than neeeded

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.