Led Tvs! Crap!

lol this guy is still around? No one cares about your 175hp Italian LCD tv, if you didn't get the hint after your ban maybe you should think about how every post you make someone is quick to reply "STFU GTFO"...
You're that annoying guy at the club that everyone tries to avoid yet he doesn't seem to quite get the hint :fyi:
I was going to tell him something simmilar, but "that" guy doesn't normally get the point.

If I made 2 TV's that used LCD technology, Had a refresh rate of 250 Hz, A dynamic contrast ratio of 1:2,000,000, Had a resolution of 1080p.But slapped one in a cheap grey plastic case with a westinghouse sticker on the side, And put the other would in a shiny black and glass case and slapped a name on it like The samsung Brilliance edition and told you that it was a cold fusion pixel based technology. And had a sub field polarizing diffusion modulator.

I guarantee you most people would think it looked better.

Let me let you in on another clue. Next time you are at the store looking at TV's Check the TV's picture setting. No one can really judge the quality of an HD TV standing alone, you make judgments on tvs as a comparison of those around it, well the best buy near my house puts the brightness and contrast very high on their new "LED TVS" and makes the other less expensive tvs look darker. The general population equates a bright picture to better quality.

Just as in car audio, The common person would say a louder car is better quality.

I promise you LED-Backlit technology is a waste! WAIT for LED PIXELS! or OLED. MUCH! MUCH MUCH! BeTTER!!!
I'm not talking about physical appearance, so the furst argument you made means nothing since I'm not arguing anything that has to do with the presentation of the TV itself.

Now, what you said about stores making the LED's look better...I have seen MANY nice LCD tv's, in person, not in a big box store that can alter picture levels. My dad bought the top of the line Samsung 1080p 120hz lcd a year and a half ago...it looked amazing, still does. I have a few friends with new LCD's that costs a pretty penny, so I know what a nice LCD looks like(not to mention I go to Fry's every once in a while to window shop, and I did this before LED's were even out). I have never, EVER seen a LCD look like the LED tv's I was checking out the other day. The detail, insane colors, sharpness, etc made it look crazy(in a good way).

Each chamber is sealed in a Plasma TV, so no you can not "recharge" it. They are better than they use to be now days though, they can last up to 30,000 hours+.

Each chamber is sealed in a Plasma TV, so no you can not "recharge" it. They are better than they use to be now days though, they can last up to 30,000 hours+.
Even at 10 hours a day, which is a lot, that's still over 8 years....who even keeps a TV that long nowadays?

I'm not talking about physical appearance, so the furst argument you made means nothing since I'm not arguing anything that has to do with the presentation of the TV itself.
Now, what you said about stores making the LED's look better...I have seen MANY nice LCD tv's, in person, not in a big box store that can alter picture levels. My dad bought the top of the line Samsung 1080p 120hz lcd a year and a half ago...it looked amazing, still does. I have a few friends with new LCD's that costs a pretty penny, so I know what a nice LCD looks like(not to mention I go to Fry's every once in a while to window shop, and I did this before LED's were even out). I have never, EVER seen a LCD look like the LED tv's I was checking out the other day. The detail, insane colors, sharpness, etc made it look crazy(in a good way).
Even so now you're just saying that they are better because you think they look better.

There are plenty of people who would not say that. There are scientific reasons to say they are not. In my opinion the absolute best picture i've ever seen on a TV is from a Panasonic Plasma TV. A samsung local dimming LED-backlight TV does have very close to the same picture quality. But as I said, marginally, plus there are tradeoffs such as "bleed dimming" and higher power consuption, and the biggest factor is that the LED starts around 4k, the plasma ENDS around 2k. I'm not saying that the picture isn't fantastic on an LED TV, It obviously is. What i am saying is that the picture quality is NO different than the highest quality LCD CCFL's for half the price. contrast can be a benefit and a little better color saturation. IMHO not a big enough difference to pay an extra 2 grand. It is not a new technology, or new class of TV's. It's the same old LCD screen with a fancy new lightbulb in the back.

LED's have just never been cost effective on large scale applications. Thats why we've had the technology for LED Light bulbs for years but no one buys them when a fluorencent lasts almost just as long for 4 bucks and the LED bulbs run around 40!

The future of TV is OLED technology. Buying the LED-Backlit tv today is like buying an HD-DVD player five years ago. Sure its a new thing with benefits. but why invest money in a technology that already been beaten from inception and is on it's way out the door. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Even so now you're just saying that they are better because you think they look better.
There are plenty of people who would not say that. There are scientific reasons to say they are not. In my opinion the absolute best picture i've ever seen on a TV is from a Panasonic Plasma TV. A samsung local dimming LED-backlight TV does have very close to the same picture quality. But as I said, marginally, plus there are tradeoffs such as "bleed dimming" and higher power consuption, and the biggest factor is that the LED starts around 4k, the plasma ENDS around 2k. I'm not saying that the picture isn't fantastic on an LED TV, It obviously is. What i am saying is that the picture quality is NO different than the highest quality LCD CCFL's for half the price. contrast can be a benefit and a little better color saturation. IMHO not a big enough difference to pay an extra 2 grand. It is not a new technology, or new class of TV's. It's the same old LCD screen with a fancy new lightbulb in the back.

LED's have just never been cost effective on large scale applications. Thats why we've had the technology for LED Light bulbs for years but no one buys them when a fluorencent lasts almost just as long for 4 bucks and the LED bulbs run around 40!

The future of TV is OLED technology. Buying the LED-Backlit tv today is like buying an HD-DVD player five years ago. Sure its a new thing with benefits. but why invest money in a technology that already been beaten from inception and is on it's way out the door. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
so basically u just owned urself? u've been saying through out the thread that LEDs dont have better quality, but u just said that they are amongst the best ones u've seen....

And yes, things will be expensive once they first come out, but they'll eventually get cheaper.

kthxbye

Well my freind, i'm sorry, but times have changed since you worked with samsung.
there are plently of LCD's with a 240hz refresh rate, and most plasmas have that beat with a 600Hz refresh rate.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+BRAVIA+52%22+Class+/+1080p+/+240Hz+/+LCD+HDTV/9279951.p?id=1218073534346&skuId=9279951

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+42%22+Class+/+1080p+/+240Hz+/+LCD+HDTV/9317795.p?id=1218085598965&skuId=9317795

As i said before, show me an LED TV and i'll show it an LCD that performs just as well for much less

end of story, its that simple
You really are an annoying little twat. Best buy prices are just plain higher. Stay the fuk out of Best buy.

Get what you can afford and STFU

heres what it comes down to you want a lambo you buy a lambo ya you can put 20 grand into a toyota supra and own a lambo but you want what you want so if you cant afford it then buy something cheaper

so basically u just owned urself? u've been saying through out the thread that LEDs dont have better quality, but u just said that they are amongst the best ones u've seen....
And yes, things will be expensive once they first come out, but they'll eventually get cheaper.

kthxbye
No quite hunny, pay attention this time.

The image processing is the same on a CCFL LCD and and LED LCD The CONTRAST however can be marginally better on "LOCAL DIMMING" LED's which easily cost double the same model CCFL. However, The contrast is virtually the same on the more popular "EDGE-LIT LED'S"

So like I Said, if you would like to waste your money on a product that is allready outdated and not that much of an improvement be my guest. If thats so you are either an idiot or you have money to throw away. In either case STFU!

Kthxbye.

Many reasons they are better. Lighter, thinner, use 50% less energy than LCD, also have higher hz processing to get rid of high def lag. Everything new becomes cheaper. My parents 60 inch Sony was like 4k 2 years ago, now they are 1800.

none of the things you mentioned matter.. And the fact that you said "hz processing" proves you know nothing, other than what you read on the sales sticker //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif.. What makes LEDs more expensive is a Backlit LED instead of a side lit, and a higher contrast ratio.. Those 2 things alone are NOT worth the difference to me when comparing a calibrated samsung ln52b750 ( lcd ) to a sammy ln55b7000 ( led )

Have both, fully calibrated ( by me, not some BB garbage calibration ) and the LED is nicer, but its not worth an extra $800 imo.. Physical appearance is better o n the new ones as well.. Never though my 1 year old lcd thats 3" thick would be considered " bulky"

But when watching a BLu ray, I really cant tell much of a dif.... just my $.02

none of the things you mentioned matter.. And the fact that you said "hz processing" proves you know nothing, other than what you read on the sales sticker //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif.. What makes LEDs more expensive is a Backlit LED instead of a side lit, and a higher contrast ratio.. Those 2 things alone are NOT worth the difference to me when comparing a calibrated samsung ln52b750 ( lcd ) to a sammy ln55b7000 ( led )
Have both, fully calibrated ( by me, not some BB garbage calibration ) and the LED is nicer, but its not worth an extra $800 imo.. Physical appearance is better o n the new ones as well.. Never though my 1 year old lcd thats 3" thick would be considered " bulky"

But when watching a BLu ray, I really cant tell much of a dif.... just my $.02
Bassically my point exactly...

Truth. And many Plasma's state 60,000 hours.

I'll take a Pioneer Kuro Signature any day!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.