Led Tvs! Crap!

You can't compare the refresh rates because they aren't measured the same. I know the plasma is faster, but 600hz on an plasma, is not the same as 600hz on a lcd.

You can't compare the refresh rates because they aren't measured the same. I know the plasma is faster, but 600hz on an plasma, is not the same as 600hz on a lcd.
BAHAHAHA this reminds me of one of the first posts I ever made about how "JL watts are more normal watts"

Refresh rate is refresh rate. Sorry, but thats the bottom line. I suppose that you also believe the PS3 can be turned into a spaceship guidance system!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

I find it funny how people who have no idea what they are talking about worship this money making scheme when its obvious that the technology is at best marginally beneficial. I know quite a bit about this, it's kinda my job. And I've written 3D software and had to know a little bit more than a little bit about refresh rates and frame rates. Trust me, It's like paying double to fly in a dirigible instead of an airplane. Just because it's novel and new, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I hope to god you are just a troll, and you're really not this stupid.
Care to give your miraculous knowledge on how 600hz on a plasma is not the same as 600 hz on an LCD?

let me save you the trouble, it isn't If your referring to the subfield motion filters only downscaling a 60, 120, 240, or any Hz signal you are wrong. Plasma TV's do indeed have the capability to refresh at a 600hz rate. And i use that ability often. Granted in most applications, like I said it is only a 60 hz refresh rate broken into 8, 10, or 12 sub-fields. Additionally, with plasma TV's A 6Ohz refresh rate is sufficient compared to a 240 hz LCD because the human eye cannot discern the difference between the motion of a 60hz refresh rate and 240 refresh rate except when the lower refresh rate produces artifacts (like LCD's do) Plasmas don't have this problem due to the different method in which the pixels are fired.

lol god you're gay.
My sexuality isn't the issue, but I don't expect you to discuss the actual issue. Why would you, when most people are dumb enough to except that your insults are a substitute for substantial information and knowledge in arguing validity?

redcameltoe.jpg

this thread *****, i was browsing and even saw something about "plasma burn in" wtf, someone throw that guy a clue

i will only say this, may have already been said, but i dont care...

the 20-30%+ power savings an lcd has over a plasma will certainly pay for the extra up front cost over the life of the tv

its kinda like a payment plan, pay $xxx less now, but repay the difference of $xx every month for the next few years until you are even, then after that just start paying interest on an old tv

until plasma can figure out a way to reduce power usage lcd is still a better option long term

you buy two cars for the same price, lets say a honda(lcd) and a bmw(plasma)

the honda cost $25k and the BMW cost $20k, but the BMW blue booked the same price, yay you got a great deal on the BMW and saved money, good for you

now drive them around for a few years.

after paying maintenence, repairs, gas and taking the hit on depreciation the BMW will end up costing you more in the long run

thats my cool story, **** i'm bored, time to go drink

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.