Led Tvs! Crap!

People buy the LED's because they look better....that's it. The picture is simply better looking than any LCD I have seen. There doesn't have to be any kind of revolutionary technology being used, if it looks noticably better(which it does) then people will pay more money for it. I prefer a plasma anyways. 600hz refresh rate, great contrast ratio, great blacks, and cheaper. I can get a 50" 1080p plasma for under $1k, just can't beat that IMO.

this thread *****, i was browsing and even saw something about "plasma burn in" wtf, someone throw that guy a clue
i will only say this, may have already been said, but i dont care...

the 20-30%+ power savings an lcd has over a plasma will certainly pay for the extra up front cost over the life of the tv

its kinda like a payment plan, pay $xxx less now, but repay the difference of $xx every month for the next few years until you are even, then after that just start paying interest on an old tv

until plasma can figure out a way to reduce power usage lcd is still a better option long term
Hey genius, heres a clue. We are talking about LED Backlit TVs vs. CCFL backlit LCD's

People buy the LED's because they look better....that's it. The picture is simply better looking than any LCD I have seen. There doesn't have to be any kind of revolutionary technology being used, if it looks noticably better(which it does) then people will pay more money for it. I prefer a plasma anyways. 600hz refresh rate, great contrast ratio, great blacks, and cheaper. I can get a 50" 1080p plasma for under $1k, just can't beat that IMO.
If I made 2 TV's that used LCD technology, Had a refresh rate of 250 Hz, A dynamic contrast ratio of 1:2,000,000, Had a resolution of 1080p.

But slapped one in a cheap grey plastic case with a westinghouse sticker on the side, And put the other would in a shiny black and glass case and slapped a name on it like The samsung Brilliance edition and told you that it was a cold fusion pixel based technology. And had a sub field polarizing diffusion modulator.

I guarantee you most people would think it looked better.

Let me let you in on another clue. Next time you are at the store looking at TV's Check the TV's picture setting. No one can really judge the quality of an HD TV standing alone, you make judgments on tvs as a comparison of those around it, well the best buy near my house puts the brightness and contrast very high on their new "LED TVS" and makes the other less expensive tvs look darker. The general population equates a bright picture to better quality.

Just as in car audio, The common person would say a louder car is better quality.

I promise you LED-Backlit technology is a waste! WAIT for LED PIXELS! or OLED. MUCH! MUCH MUCH! BeTTER!!!

Is this thread still going? Next your gonna tell us that your TV has a special chip in that makes it better than any other TV. Just like the one in your old Dodge pickup.

lol this guy is still around? No one cares about your 175hp Italian LCD tv, if you didn't get the hint after your ban maybe you should think about how every post you make someone is quick to reply "STFU GTFO"...

You're that annoying guy at the club that everyone tries to avoid yet he doesn't seem to quite get the hint //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.