Led Tvs! Crap!

They are just LED back-lit LCD TV's with an additional 1000 bucks tacked on the price tag //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
lol, so because you didn't understand how the technology works, that makes it crap?

Many reasons they are better. Lighter, thinner, use 50% less energy than LCD, also have higher hz processing to get rid of high def lag. Everything new becomes cheaper. My parents 60 inch Sony was like 4k 2 years ago, now they are 1800.
Idk where you heard this nonsense. There are cheaper LCD TV's that are lighter and thinner than the new LED TV's, and most LED TV's are less power efficient per screen size than LCD TV's unless you are watching a Movie with mostly Black images. LED's are actually similar to plasmas in power consumption. And there is no "higher hz processing" There is no differences in the processing capability of LCD vs. LED TV's the difference is in the blacklight

LULZ

I haven't laughed that hard in a while

Led is just a step towards the new. If it wasn't for plasmas and LCD coming out, t.v's would still be huge. Now led allows them to be smaller, soon technology will allow led's to be cheaper to replicate. Thus paving the way for a new innovation.
Well for a forum that tends to hate JL, i didn't expect the LED technology boner here.

It's simply a price point strategy, Make people believe the next generation of TV is out and get them to pay double what the product is worth.

The only LED technology that allows them to be slimmer than LCD TV's is when the Edge-lit method is used, and that sacrifices the benefits in contrast ratio and power consumption.

So in short you are paying double to make the TV about an inch and a half thinner. And LCD technology is still improving as it is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.