Late 90’s/2000’s rap, what tuning?

1200 for now. If I feel they need more, I’ll increase power

I have a mint Memphis 16-MCD1000 sitting here but only does 600 rms at 2 ohm. Might try and see if anyone wants to trade or sell and buy something that does full power at 2 ohms

When you doing your build? would really like to get your impressions..

I have a mint Memphis 16-MCD1000 sitting here but only does 600 rms at 2 ohm. Might try and see if anyone wants to trade or sell and buy something that does full power at 2 ohms

When you doing your build? would really like to get your impressions..
B03FB7DE-0BF7-4750-A878-B9690B61E30F.jpeg

this is what I will be building. I hope to buy a table saw this weekend so I can get started. I’ve made many boxes in the past but none required the angle cuts that this one will.

The 808 was popular in the 80's, 90's and into the 2000's

"Notice that there is a huge presence in the 50-100 Hz range, which is right in the middle of “bass frequencies.” It is also audible in the 20-50Hz range, the “sub-bass” which is felt more than heard. And there’s a slow slope downwards all the way to the highest frequencies. This is the synthesized “impact” tone of the 808. Its sound is comparable to a digital click"

-Rangeofsounds.com-

Looking to put a system in one of my vehicles. Looking to play mostly r&b, rap from late 90’s/2000’s. What tuning should I go for? Lil John, geto boys, too short, etc
Most of the old school stuff was tuned a little higher than the later bass in music ..so thats why modern lower tuned enclousures just don't seem to hit when ..you throw some lil John or Ying Yang Twins or something in .. you'd probably want to be around 40ish for the old Crunk style to sound the best ...

View attachment 26208
this is what I will be building. I hope to buy a table saw this weekend so I can get started. I’ve made many boxes in the past but none required the angle cuts that this one will.
[/QUOTE]
This is for the Dayton HO 10s? I’ve been playing with Dayton subs a lot over the last year. They’re my new favorite affordable subs. I sold my Dayton 10 a while back and bought the 8 inch Dayton ultimax to play with for a few months. I had the 10 in 1.2 cubes at 30 hz, and it really sounded nice. You’ll have a good sounding sub stage with those in Bucks design.

View attachment 26208
This is for the Dayton HO 10s? I’ve been playing with Dayton subs a lot over the last year. They’re my new favorite affordable subs. I sold my Dayton 10 a while back and bought the 8 inch Dayton ultimax to play with for a few months. I had the 10 in 1.2 cubes at 30 hz, and it really sounded nice. You’ll have a good sounding sub stage with those in Bucks design.
[/QUOTE]

I've got a pair of these showing up today too, I had planned on 1.4 @ 30hz after displacement, How was power handling with 1.2

I've got a pair of these showing up today too, I had planned on 1.4 @ 30hz after displacement, How was power handling with 1.2
[/QUOTE]
Probably not a whole lot different than 1.4 would be. When I modeled them in software, it actually did recommend 1.4 as the “optimal” size, but that is in a free air environment. When I factored in some cabin gain, 1.2 and 1.4 didn’t graph out much different from each other, so I went a tad smaller. These aren’t subs that will **** up 300 extra watts over what they say like some will. 600-700 watts is plenty no matter what box they’re in. I actually wanted to tune the box at 28 hz, but it made the port too long and I didn’t want an extra 90 degree bend in the port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.