lanzar

lanzardriver
10+ year member

hey i just purchased a lanzar opti drive 500.2 to power my jl audio 12s.... but to my disappointment i hooked it up and the light blinked for a couple seconds then the amp died we did multi tests on it still nothing my main ? would have to be does lanzar have a bad rep on that do they have alot of faulty amps out their cause i had to send the **** thing all the way back to new york and get a new one sent out it was a big dissapointment another ? will my system still sound clean with having that big of an amp in a small enclosure (01 GMC seirra ext cab) with two sets of pioneer highs and pioneer mids or is it gonna be all distorted? keeping in mind i have no amp for my door speakers any answers are greatly appreciated

most lanzar product are low grade but u will find stuff that will suprise u from time to time like their opti tweeters which i kept. as for the amp the opti line is their best products. many people like their opti amps. i never dealt with one tho.

so would you suggest this amp my cousin swears by them but the amp is one of their older 90's models they have on back stock a bunch of them brand new but if this is what i can come to expect i might as well choose a different amp right?

ya my cousins a dealer so i got it at a discount only paid 150 regularly goin for 500 so i was surprised but the amp was american made so i have a good feeling it will be strong but dont wanna go thru that crap again

Most (all?) the '01 and previous Optidrive amps were designed and built by Zed Audio, one of the more respected amp designers out there.

The 1000.1D is an awesome amp.

If your 500.2 is one of the older versions it should be of excellent quality -- even the good stuff fails once in a while.

After '02-'03 Lanzar's relationship with Zed ended and the Optidrives have been coming out of Korea/China.

They've managed to maintain SOME level of respect, but nothing like a few years back.

If your 500.2 is one of the newer ones you can look at it a couple different ways.

Either your experience is just further evidence that Lanzar's fallen a LONG way since the good ol' days.

Or -- "Even the good stuff fails once in a while."

that was a very knowledgable response thank you im pretty positive it was an older amp because i think they changed the name to the optidrive 500x2 it used to be the 500.2 and mine was a 500.2 but thats true the quality does seem to be making my wait more worth the while after hearing you all talk about it

That's a Zed amp then.

I've had 2 in my trunk for a few years now.

1000.1 and 100.4.

Both have been excellent.

More than rated power, never skipped a beat.

Too bad about your 500.2.

In my experience Lanzar will make good on failed equip, especially the good stuff.

so seeing as how i've never had the privelige of hearing my new system does anyone else have lanzar?does it hit pretty hard? im looking for earth moving bass is this what i will get from this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.