Lanzar Opti 700x2

A few post up you said you never seen the 15 hit so hard, then pop. Sounds like you went hammer time. What is your electrical like? And what other amps do you have.. That 700x2 is a beast and you need a lot of current to power it. Just for that 700x2 id want an extra batt in the rear. So if you have other amps in your car you should have HO alt and acouple nice batts to keep that amp happy along with other amp

A few post up you said you never seen the 15 hit so hard, then pop. Sounds like you went hammer time. What is your electrical like? And what other amps do you have.. That 700x2 is a beast and you need a lot of current to power it. Just for that 700x2 id want an extra batt in the rear. So if you have other amps in your car you should have HO alt and acouple nice batts to keep that amp happy along with other amp
Big three. 130amp alt. New AGM up front. With my AQ hooked up voltage drop went from 14.0 to 13.5 max.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Big three. 130amp alt. New AGM up front. With my AQ hooked up voltage drop went from 14.0 to 13.5 max.

Do you have volt meter at amp? Because just with that opti you should have been drawing more current then a .5volt drop. Or do I have some magic spl dust we don't know about?

Do you have volt meter at amp? Because just with that opti you should have been drawing more current then a .5volt drop. Or do I have some magic spl dust we don't know about?
I have the magic dust

yeah that amp is a hoss probably pulls 100a of current easy

clamped my taramps hd3000 at a 170 amp draw, i drop to 12.5 on a soft clip at idle pretty easy if im not in drive (rpm is 200 higher) - 2 alts and 2 batts

you used a scope and watched your voltage to make sure it never dropped below 11-12v hard clipped?
No. Just normal voltmeter. With my Clarion which was in there before, running at 2 ohms with the agm was around the same. Before the agm it would go into the 12s.

No. Just normal voltmeter. With my Clarion which was in there before, running at 2 ohms with the agm was around the same. Before the agm it would go into the 12s.
i always do that before im confident its set where i can forget it, its possible the amp dropped too low and was clipped causing it to burn up. consider 1400w from a class ab is going to pull about what a 2kw class d will pull, so you're likely pulling more current than before. have you verified if the sub is blown or good yet?

i always do that before im confident its set where i can forget it, its possible the amp dropped too low and was clipped causing it to burn up. consider 1400w from a class ab is going to pull about what a 2kw class d will pull, so you're likely pulling more current than before. have you verified if the sub is blown or good yet?
Not officially. But took the old sub out at lunch and it def smells. And can't move the cone.

That amp shocked the **** out of me though. Wasn't expecting it.

I think it was just a bad amp. I have had so much equipment in my car the past year and a half, like a lot, new used old and never had a issue. Same electrical expect for the new agm. The 250amp alt will go in this weekend if the weather holds up.

I think it was just a bad amp. I have had so much equipment in my car the past year and a half, like a lot, new used old and never had a issue. Same electrical expect for the new agm. The 250amp alt will go in this weekend if the weather holds up.

Have u ever had a amp that big and can draw that much current though? Thats a big amp to run on stock Electrical

open up the board and take pictures and post them here. Use a DMM to check for continuity and shorts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

evilmonstertruk

Premium Member
Premium Member
evilmonstertruk
Maryland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies