L3 vs L7 Big Difference?

Hi guys. I was considering moving up to a 15" Kicker woofer and was eager to try the Solobaric, heard a lot of great things about them. Came across a good deal at speakerboom.com for an L3 for $165 and an L7 for $329. That's double the price. Is it really double the difference? I really don't think so but thought I'd ask. I have a JL 1000/1v2 and I'll probably put it in a sealed enclosure. I know the power difference is double, but I can always turn the gains up or down a bit. Anxious to get it, but just thought I'd ask. What do you think?

Dont buy either... Everybody talked me into a 15 inch l7. dont get me wrong it gets loud, but there are much better subs out there for the same price if not less...

There are huge differences between the L3 and L7. However they are not worth the difference in price.

Neither of those are a good value for the performance. You can get a better woofer/s for much less.

whats your budget, what kind of vehicle do you have and what are you looking to achieve?

Thanks for the heads up. I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla. I already have 2-12" Kicker Comp Vr's and just wanted to get a deeper sound, not necessarily louder. Looked into the Rockford P3's as well. Looking to spend around $150 to $250. Speakerboom had the P3's for around $250. That might be a better choice.

L7s will get loud.. whether they sound good has a lot to do with the enclosure.. everyone here is funny..

they are so ANTI mainstream that they are almost as bad as the people who praise the mainstream..

Haven't really heard those. Are they made in the US? I know Kicker isn't, but they've been in the game awhile.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

just answered my own question, haha.. built in Vegas

L7s will get loud.. whether they sound good has a lot to do with the enclosure.. everyone here is funny..
they are so ANTI mainstream that they are almost as bad as the people who praise the mainstream..
Maybe u did not read OG post sealed box.. Would you say an l7 is made to be run sealed?? I did not think so.. So anti nothing I am against putting the wrong sub in a setup period. The Fi Q will just rape an l7 in a sealed box that's a fact. Not trying to be prickish sounding got bad news about my doors today so kinda pissed.

Maybe u did not read OG post sealed box.. Would you say an l7 is made to be run sealed?? I did not think so.. So anti nothing I am against putting the wrong sub in a setup period. The Fi Q will just rape an l7 in a sealed box thats a fact. Not trying to be prickish sounding got bad news about my doors today so kinda pissed.

Maybe u did not read OG post sealed box.. Would you say an l7 is made to be run sealed?? I did not think so.. So anti nothing I am against putting the wrong sub in a setup period. The Fi Q will just rape an l7 in a sealed box thats a fact. Not trying to be prickish sounding got bad news about my doors today so kinda pissed.
IIRC someone won a national/worldwide sq contest with a sealed L7 8. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I dont have a problem with mainstream companies, my problem with them stems the ridiculous prices they charge. I highly value the "bang for your buck" and the mainstream companies usually don't cut it in that selling feature.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.