kole qx1 3000d

Participant count
  • Participants list
only problems is the power side might ground out and toast the board (happened to mine). but chances of that are low.
i'm wondering because i just bought one but i'm wondering why they are so much cheaper than the power acoustic if they are the same thing. I'm afraid of big budget amps

I realize this post is a little old but I thought I would give my 2 cents anyway.

I have a Kole Audio QX1-3000D. I have used it for more than a year now and I have really not been easy on it. It hits pretty good in my accord. I have scores of 142 db and 154 db in the port. That is with one KMX-15 (15" sub) and a whole lot of listening area. I know this score could be improved (and I have, I am up to 145db and 157db) but I am not ready to remove my back seat yet (got to get another family car. LOL).

I listen (with my earplugs in) to this system for a good 30 minutes at a time with it pushing 138 db while I'm driving to the next town. I haven't had a problem yet and I don't expect one. This is a solid amp and I wish they still made them.

As a matter of fact, I have been looking for three weeks for a QX1-2400D so that i can strap 2 together and push my 15 with it. Unfortunately they are discontinued and no one I have ordered from (placed 4 orders only to be notified they don't have them, *****!) has them anymore. So I may be stuck with just one that I have no use for (really *****!).

Anyway, if anyone knows of anything that can compare in quality and power rating to these, speak up, I would sure like to know about it.

Gary

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.