kole qx1 3000d

jusBloud

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Oct 27, 2008
tre4 N.C.
anybody bench tested these? i know its the same board as the power acoustic ab3000 but are the parts as good. what is its true rms at a 2 and 1 ohm load?

jusBloud

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Oct 27, 2008
tre4 N.C.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
will this amp do 2000?

jusBloud

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Oct 27, 2008
tre4 N.C.

jusBloud

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Oct 27, 2008
tre4 N.C.
only problems is the power side might ground out and toast the board (happened to mine). but chances of that are low.
i'm wondering because i just bought one but i'm wondering why they are so much cheaper than the power acoustic if they are the same thing. I'm afraid of big budget amps

thegreatestpenn

lazy genius
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Nov 17, 2007
columbus
same reason the hifonics bx2200d is cheaper than the AB 150.1 even tho they have the same board. kole is not regarded well at all, so its gotta sell cheaper

gmltwc

May 29, 2009
Quinlan, tx
I realize this post is a little old but I thought I would give my 2 cents anyway.

I have a Kole Audio QX1-3000D. I have used it for more than a year now and I have really not been easy on it. It hits pretty good in my accord. I have scores of 142 db and 154 db in the port. That is with one KMX-15 (15" sub) and a whole lot of listening area. I know this score could be improved (and I have, I am up to 145db and 157db) but I am not ready to remove my back seat yet (got to get another family car. LOL).

I listen (with my earplugs in) to this system for a good 30 minutes at a time with it pushing 138 db while I'm driving to the next town. I haven't had a problem yet and I don't expect one. This is a solid amp and I wish they still made them.

As a matter of fact, I have been looking for three weeks for a QX1-2400D so that i can strap 2 together and push my 15 with it. Unfortunately they are discontinued and no one I have ordered from (placed 4 orders only to be notified they don't have them, *****!) has them anymore. So I may be stuck with just one that I have no use for (really *****!).

Anyway, if anyone knows of anything that can compare in quality and power rating to these, speak up, I would sure like to know about it.

Gary

tRiGgEr

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 27, 2004
San Diego, Ca

gmltwc

May 29, 2009
Quinlan, tx

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds