knuconceptz batt terminals ****?

skylineTT
10+ year member

bass=sekz
i got these terminals because they have triple 0gauge inputs aaaannnddd they freakin ****. made of a very weak metal and all but 2 of the tightening metric heads broke. the neg and posi post holes are the same size on both terminals so you have to get a brass or aluminum cap over the negative batt post to make it fit somewhat snug, then when you tighten them onto the posts, the friggin allen set screws strip way too easily. never got snug enough to keep the terminal on the post before it stripped.

anybody else have sick trouble with these? 30 dollar battery terminals and they are the worst pieces of crap ive ever used in car audio.

I will say that I had to file down the negative batt post a hair in all three applications, but that really isn't a big deal. It probably cold've been avoided completely with a rubber mallet...

dang my crap was way weak. my fasteners werent even screwed in all the way and were threaded correctly and still broke. now my wire is stuck in the terms.

The compression terminals **** in general Tsunami tried them for a year but dumped them for this same reason stated above. Knu's top end wire is nice but the rest of it im not so fond of. Their CCA wire is brittle, stiff and its outer insulation dosent stand up to heat very well, and their mid grade isnt anything special. Granted its all much cheaper than Stinger or Tsunami, but if you cant afford the wire you probably cant afford the rest of electrical upgrades needed for the system.

That was not aimed for you skyline or anyone else for that matter, i just have a problem with the way the 12v industry is going and wanted to rant.

dang my crap was way weak. my fasteners werent even screwed in all the way and were threaded correctly and still broke. now my wire is stuck in the terms.
That should'nt be possible. I can understand stripping or breaking the allen head screw that holds the terminal onto the post, but breaking the actual fittings for the wire should be damn near impossible. You must've torqued the living **** out of those fittings, man...

i didnt have much of a problem threading it, they were just extra weak. the hex heads on the retainers broke clean off. now i cant back the retainers out. yeah no biggie evan, i wish it wasnt going downhill either. JLs 4 gauge is pure copper and has more wire than probably 90 percent of the 0ga on the market. i have 2/0 copper cable for my "big 3ish" set up but the 0gauge i got for my amp is pretty much just 4ga. ticks me off.

That should'nt be possible. I can understand stripping or breaking the allen head screw that holds the battery onto the post, but breaking the actual fittings for the wire should be damn near impossible. You must've torqued the living **** out of those fittings, man...
see man, i wouldnt be bothered too much if that was the case, because sure anything will break if its overtightened, but i can shoot video of how loose the fasteners are in the terminals with the heads broken clean off. its retarded. thats the only reason im really complaining. they have some really weak points in the design and they broke clean. right where the design is flawed.

JL wire is just great, and jl is an great company. And like i said my rant wasnt directed at you, im sure you bought those terminals because they are the only ones you could find to fit your application. I fully agree though, some time ago someone brought me some of those terminals and they were as loose as a 50 cent hooker, and just felt cheap overall. So we threw them in the trash and used a set of Tsunami's with reducers.

The compression terminals **** in general Tsunami tried them for a year but dumped them for this same reason stated above.
I've been using the Konfused batt terminals, anl fuse holders and distro blocks in every project I've done in the last 6 months or so. Not once have I had a single issue with the compression fittings. Well, they did mess up an order and I got cheated out of a 4 awg fitting, but that has nothing to do with the quality of the product.

Knu's top end wire is nice
Yes it is. The Kollosus Flecks Kable is extremely flexible and easy to work with. It's good stuff.

Their CCA wire is brittle, stiff and its outer insulation dosent stand up to heat very well, and their mid grade isnt anything special. Granted its all much cheaper than Stinger or Tsunami, but if you cant afford the wire you probably cant afford the rest of electrical upgrades needed for the system.
The KLMX wire isn't the greatest stuff in the world, but it does have one thing going for it....i'ts cheap (half the price of the kollosus kable). Knu doesn't even offer a "mid grade" wire at the moment.

idk man mine just feel weak. lol like the terminals themselves dont feel really dense or anything. i emailed knu about it to see what they say. i wont be using them anymore though. i like knu as a company. a pair of my RCAs from them broke as well though now that i think about it lol. those screw-together RCA heads dont really stay together much. even when slowely twisting them off of the HU, the tip wil strip out of the head. then the internal wires break and youre kinda effed without some soldering tools. i forgot that i have to buy new RCAs too. ive had those for about a year but im not sweating it too bad.

idk man mine just feel weak. lol like the terminals themselves dont feel really dense or anything. i emailed knu about it to see what they say. i wont be using them anymore though. i like knu as a company. a pair of my RCAs from them broke as well though now that i think about it lol. those screw-together RCA heads dont really stay together much. even when slowely twisting them off of the HU, the tip wil strip out of the head. then the internal wires break and youre kinda effed without some soldering tools. i forgot that i have to buy new RCAs too. ive had those for about a year but im not sweating it too bad.
***** that you've had issues, but I've had zero problems with Knu products. In fact, I go out of my way to use them these days and will continue to do so until I'm given a reason to switch brands.

I don't really know what to say about the RCA's. The only Knu RCA's that I've used are the Karma SS', but they've never disappointed me either. Maybe I'm the exception, but I've been thoroughly impressed with all of the Knu stuff I've used...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.