Knowledge needed for newer RE Audio Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Datsik

Hey Everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my system from 2 12" L7's to something from RE Audio's lineup.

I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience (last year or two) with the following subs: SXX, MX, MT line of woofers. they would all be getting the correct RMS power. (all would be 12" size)

How do they compare among each other? How to they sound in terms of SQ?(I know RE isn't known for SQ)

Thanks for the help/advice. I have no way to hear these in person so that's why I'm asking.

Yeah I've been using the search function the past 15mins, doesn't seem like people have a lot of faith in the newer RE lineup.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they starting to make them in the states again?

Yeah I've been using the search function the past 15mins, doesn't seem like people have a lot of faith in the newer RE lineup.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they starting to make them in the states again?
Some are but they still use cheap parts from overseas.

I have an older RE MT 15 d2 reconed by PSI, one of the best woofers they made. I run the other one of the pair i recently bought. if you can find something like that it'll kill any of the new RE MT subs in price and quality. im gonna post it up eventually

sell you a big as ct exo 15 for a **** good price. likely less then youll pay for the re subs and better quality
no thanks man, I want to stick to a 12.

so what makes these woofers so bad? just the overseas parts? It's crazy because for instance: the SXX 12 is about $305 after tax retail, a Sundown X-12 is $490ish. i would assume those would be the 2 speakers to compare in the lineups correct?

I would rather a hds312 over a RE sxx 12. cheaper..

any sub that comes in a box that says "capable of up to 174.3db" loses my business lol

re-audio-sxxv2-12d2-12-dual-2-ohm-sxxv2-series-car-subwoofer-sxx12v2-d2_2037182.jpg

no thanks man, I want to stick to a 12.

so what makes these woofers so bad? just the overseas parts? It's crazy because for instance: the SXX 12 is about $305 after tax retail, a Sundown X-12 is $490ish. i would assume those would be the 2 speakers to compare in the lineups correct?
the quality control, technology and design in the sundown cant be itched by the RE

Older RE subs are much better than the ones offered now....everyone knows this. From what I heard, newer subs are crap. Now the higher end line such as the MT might still be alright.

Once the Sundown Audio yardsale opens up, snag yourself a 12 from there. No point in paying close to 500 bucks for a sub when you can get one at a fraction of a cost.

Hey Everyone,
I am looking to upgrade my system from 2 12" L7's to something from RE Audio's lineup.

I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience (last year or two) with the following subs: SXX, MX, MT line of woofers. they would all be getting the correct RMS power. (all would be 12" size)

How do they compare among each other? How to they sound in terms of SQ?(I know RE isn't known for SQ)

Thanks for the help/advice. I have no way to hear these in person so that's why I'm asking.
Anything from RE that is current is basically junk compared to the equipment they built their name on. Keep the kicker or explore your options.

Happens all the time really. Jacob just closed the most recent ones. That typically means he gotta catchup on recent "buys" and ship them out and also the next one that will open up will be most updated. I would say wait until after Christmas.....after holiday season is over.

I paid 210 bucks shipped for my x15. Just to give ya an idea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.