Kngofthepknglot We Got Problems!!!

i dont even think the whole sub looks bad at all a few scuffs but so what

thats not bad shape for a *USED* sub if you wanted a picture perfect sub why didnt you ask king for a bazillion pics from every angle to ensure it was to your approval before the sale went final?

Yes but this is my first set up and the chunks out of the sub are bigger then what they look.

And for being a newbie i DONT know if that will affect performance or not.

Ya the leads only have a few frays on them and alot of rubing marks on the inside of the cone.

Cause he said he could not get them and he said there was not a mark on it and I took his word for it.

And no I have no way to test it cause I can not hook it up with out my fuse holders and my car is in the shop getting custom brackets made for the 300 amp alt.

Yes but this is my first set up and the chunks out of the sub are bigger then what they look.
And for being a newbie i DONT know if that will affect performance or not.

Ya the leads only have a few frays on them and alot of rubing marks on the inside of the cone.

Cause he said he could not get them and he said there was not a mark on it and I took his word for it.
whenever you take someone's word then you decide yes or no to the buy

it wont effect performance imo

marks on the underside of the cone from the leads? care to post some pics?

i thought re used felt pads to prevent lead slap ? is that just the xxx series

I stand corrected about the pictures, thank you for clearing that up.

However, as much as it ***** that he didn't deliver a product that lives up to your expectations, I don't see how you could go after him. What I would do in your case is sell it and find something else in the cosmetic condition you're looking for...

It shoudlnt scrape if you push ont he center of the cone/dustcap.

It will only scrape if you push on one side of the cone since it will slightly move the coil to one side or the other.

lil chips will not affect performance UNLESS it was bumped hard enough to cause the motor structure to shift.

The shipping deal is screwy.... ripped you off $43 what an idiot.

You are only around 2 hours from me so if you need to have your sub reconed I could do it for you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thanks man. hey I would drive just to meet someone from around there that is into car audio.

Picture054.jpg

yea no question about it...that sub is NOT perfect as promised...and it def should not make a scraping noise if pushed on....

yea no question about it...that sub is NOT perfect as promised...and it def should not make a scraping noise if pushed on....

it is possibly the coils could be scraping when he pushes on the cone. he never mentioned how he pushed on it.

ia lready posted that.... come on fellows read :p

not to stray off topic....

if you end up using it as is, I woudl get a ocuple round pieces of felt and glue them onto the cone to stop the tinsels from rubbing/slapping.

Make sure that you put them int he same area 180 degrees apart (easy since it is a DVC) so you do not throw the weight off to one side.

i pushed right on the center i learned that much from reading to not to push on the sides...

That isnt a good sign...

do you have a DMM ? try measuring both coils to make sure they read correctly.

maybe it was just reconed out of alignment.. but it doesn't sound good.

Like i said I will help in anyway I can //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

2loud4u

10+ year member
Nothing to see here
2loud4u
canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies