Omietrice Bad business BEWARE!!

KARLEON
10+ year member

Livin' Legend
Well i dont know whats the significant amount of time one should wait before assuming or thinking someone is trying to scam you but i feel like now is the right time to throw out the red flag.

Basically on the 13th i sent payment to Omietrice for a rockford amp he posted in the classifieds to power my components. I have been trying to keep a stable form of communication between me and this person. It has not work. After i sent him payment it took until the 20th for him to get in contact with me. Might i add, he logged in once that im aware of and ignored all my private messages concerning the deal. The 20th he assured me the amp will be sent out that day and he would provide a tracking number by that night. Well that night i get off work and he has not given me a tracking number. That kinda upset me, because 1) im wondering why wasnt it shipped the following business day after he received payment. 2) him logging on without even attempting to send me a private message about the problem? 3) No tracking number after he promised it would be delivered that night. Thats enough grounds and shady behavior for me to write this thread about him.

Well i feel like i have bent over backwards trying to establish some form of communication even sending him my telephone number via private messages if he wasnt able to get to a computer on a more regular basis. When he did finally respond to me, he did not address any of the above but instead gave me a tracking number and said it was for ups.

Well i copied and pasted the tracking number to ensure i didnt mess up if i manual typed it in and surprise surprise, it was INVALID! At this point, i cant take it anymore. I went ahead and filed a paypal dispute. If it doesnt work out, then i will escalate it to a claim.

Im a pretty easy going guy and i will delete this thread, have a mod to lock it or what ever it takes as long as i get a full refund or the product he was selling in said condition. This honestly does not make any sense. Im not trying to run his name in the mud, but it seems like he is trying to screw me over and i just cant let that happen.

BTW, i understand the tracking number thing could of been a typo but if the rest of the transaction was smooth and easy going then i wouldnt even sweat it. But this guy seems shady to me and i had to go with my gut instinct

Wow that *****.
For once this kinda post seems needed.

Hope it works out for you.

Thanks man i hope this works out too. As i said though, im not here to run someone name down in the mud. Im just trying to do what it takes to protect myself against shady people. If he is indeed a "busy" person, thats understandable. But communication is a must and he has been showing a lack of that. And the INVALID tracking number took the cake. I even tried USPS, just incase he accidently put UPS and neither was successful

well he just sent me a copy of the receipt and it appears the tracking number is the same as the receipt. so we will see in the next couple days when the package shows up.

Mods, do you mind if u close this thread. My amp arrived earlier this week. I havent got a chance to hook it up yet, but i was buying a few install accessories at a local shop and happened to have the amp with me and they checked it out for me. Everything is good on my end. I give Omietrice a B- or C. Would have liked faster shipping or atleast updates without going dayz at a time. Kinda had me worried a bit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

KARLEON

10+ year member
Livin' Legend
KARLEON
Chattanooga, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies