Kinetik, Optima YT, or other?

Wolverine19D
10+ year member

So currently I am running a cheapo regular battery and have a HC600 kinetik in parallel. I am running 1500 RMS at 1 ohm and my alternator can't keep up. So I know eventually I will need a bigger alternator. But I am thinking of replacing my starting battery for now as a temporary help and then do the Big 3.

So since I already have the HC600 in the back, would it be wise to get say a HC1800 , or should I get a Optima YT for my starting battery? On the website it didn't recommend mixing up the batteries. So would it even be possible to use a Optima YT with my kinetik? Sorry I am confused on what to get and could use some advice. Thanks guys!

Thanks spanky... so if I get a Optima YT can I use my kinetik 600? Anyone else have any opinion on what battery to order? Thanks
Whoa there noobster...that's SPANKY69XXX to you...not "spanky"...I've worked too hard to earn that moniker. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

XS power is the way to go man, their batteries are much stronger than than kenetiks and usually smaller...

The S3400 batt is when used as a primary batt can handle a 2500 watt system, along with having a steel reinforced case which is made for under the hood use.

XS power is the way to go man, their batteries are much stronger than than kenetiks and usually smaller...
The S3400 batt is when used as a primary batt can handle a 2500 watt system, along with having a steel reinforced case which is made for under the hood use.
Ahh so with a weak alt it still will support 2500 watts for how long?

upgrade the alt. another battery won't help you maintain 14V or even 13V.

then upgrade the battery. Even an Odyssey AGM rebadged as a DieHard Platinum will give you the best pro-rated warranty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.