kinetik installation question

Participant count
  • Participant list
so your saying you pulled your cap, took the ground off the cap and put it on the battery right ?if so i dont think its the ground. but because your having problems you need to start checking everything.

start with the easy stuff first.

i would first check your power/grounds at the battery. then get the battery load tested. if it passes then start going down the line.

check wire from front battery to the back... check alt. ground to frame,, front battery ground to frame/body.

but if you had no problems using the cap and all you did was pulled it and put a battery in. well i would say ether the wires going to the battery are loose or a bad battery.
Yea, just pulled off the cap, added ring terminals, another fuse by the kinetik and just attached. Staryed fine, drove for about 15mins. Parked overnight, came to leave for work, all lights came on, tjrned the key and no crank

so your saying you pulled your cap, took the ground off the cap and put it on the battery right ?if so i dont think its the ground. but because your having problems you need to start checking everything.

start with the easy stuff first.

i would first check your power/grounds at the battery. then get the battery load tested. if it passes then start going down the line.

check wire from front battery to the back... check alt. ground to frame,, front battery ground to frame/body.

but if you had no problems using the cap and all you did was pulled it and put a battery in. well i would say ether the wires going to the battery are loose or a bad battery.
You were right, the negative screw on the kinetik was a lil loose. Tightened it down some and thr car started right up. Did a meter reading also and under the hood was 13v, and kinetik was 12.4v

Yeah, I have that same battery now; the hc600. It shouldn't cause a problem, it's a tiny one. Well then I guess. Have you tried to turn the car on, but with the rear battery hooked up and NOT the amplifier hooked up? Because if the amplifier isn't hooked up to the battery, and only the rear battery is hooked up to the front and the car turns on, then you should just try to reground the amplifier in another spot.
Now if it's the other way around, and you can somehow get a hold of a distribution block, you can put the amplifier hooked up to that instead, without the rear battery, and see if it turns on then. If it does, then it's the battery and you'll have to reground that somewhere else.
I fixed the problem, thanks. I was curious tho, since you have thr same battery, what is your audio setup and did it actually help at all?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.