Kinetik 1800 or Optima Yellow Top

Participant count
  • Participant list
I currently have a red top under the hood and a kinetik 1800 in the back as a second battery. Looking to replace the red top. I'm thinking the kinetik would be a better fit since I already have one in the back but not sure how long it will last since I've heard bad things about kinetiks under the hood with swelling because of heat. I'm currently running 1600 watts RMS with a JL HD600/4 and JL slash V2 1000/1 and 110 amp alt big3 upgrade but the lights still dim some. Eventually upgrading to a 240 amp alt. I know the yellow top will last awhile. What do you guys think should I get the kinetik or yellow top?

Cheaper and better than the yellow top would be a deka intimidator. You can find these AGM batteries at sams club with the duracell label, or at o'reileys as superstart platinum, AGM with the silver case. $50 price difference at o'reileys, even more at sams...specs will depend on size but in my application the difference was

superstart platinum

CCA: 775

CA: 955

Minutes Reserve Capacity: 120

optima yellow top

620 CCA

770 CA

100 Minutes Reserve Capacity

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.