kickpanel q's

Participant count
  • Participant list

pj_chevy03
10+ year member

please ban me
Alabama
i just made the first layer for the base of my kickpanels and before i add another layer should i sand the first layer?

would it sound right with the tweeter mounted lower on the baffle of the kickpanel rather than higher?

thanks for any help.

I say you don't NEED to...when I did mine, even after a 3 month hiatus, the hardened layer was not so rough that the new layers weren't conforming. probably would get some added structure/adhesion by sanding, but I say it's not significant unless it's really obvious that you need to.

my tweeter is below the mid (e.g., the tweeter is closer to the rear of the car as compared to the mid), and it sounds fine to me.

I say you don't NEED to...when I did mine, even after a 3 month hiatus, the hardened layer was not so rough that the new layers weren't conforming. probably would get some added structure/adhesion by sanding, but I say it's not significant unless it's really obvious that you need to.
my tweeter is below the mid (e.g., the tweeter is closer to the rear of the car as compared to the mid), and it sounds fine to me.
how many layers did u use for the back (mold of the floor) and how many layers did you use for the front?

I used 3 layers of fg matte for the bottom mold, but for the top I used a fleece (an old navy sweater) that I just resined onto the baffle.

plus you could put layer 2 on top of layer 1 after a few minutes (10?); doesn't have to be totally dry, but just enough so that it's sticky enough to put on layer 2.

When I did mine I found double thick fleece that i used as the base. When I put the resin on it and it hardened, the resin didn't sink through to the second layer so the part that was against the car stayed soft!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pj_chevy03

10+ year member
please ban me
pj_chevy03
Alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date