Kicker zx750.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

jfarnio

I've had a kicker zx750.1 laying around for a few years that I had forgotten about since it didn't seem to be functioning properly the last time it was in use. The problem that I had with it was the fact that it seemed as if all of a sudden it was providing dramatically less power than it had previously.

Anyway I got it out yesterday and hooked it up in my car (I have wiring still ran but no sub) using my friends sub and it seemed to be displaying the same characteristics it had the last time I had it hooked up. It turns on and moves the sub but it doesn't seem like it is providing much power. Furthermore the amp my friend has powering the sub in his vehicle is a very cheap dual amp which makes the sub sound much louder than with it hooked up to my much more powerful/higher quality amp.

My question is if anyone has seen this problem before and what could possibly be causing it. I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on that matter.

P.S. I have checked both fuses on the amp and neither appears to be blown. In addition I have taken the cover off and all the internals appear to be fine (i.e. no loose connections or anything that appears to be damaged) However I don't really know what to be looking for in that regard besides the obviousa.

Thanks for the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.