Kicker Sub Selection Help

Captain

I have a Kicker ZX 1000x1 Amp I want to use. My plan is a Single Kicker L7 10" to go in my truck. Should I purchase 4 ohm or 2 ohm? I have no interest in pounding out every last watt. I just want it to hit hard when necessary and last a long time. Thanks for the help.

Keep in mind a square sub needs a box of the next size up round sub. A 10 needs 2.5 cubes to do really good. Kicker don't tell you that, they just say you get more cone area.

And you might want to read up on how useless capacitors are.

I plan to use a custom ported box for the L7

I use to be an AC tech and worked with capacitors daily. It will be a interesting read to see why they are useless in a DC application.

Thank you for your help!

I have a Kicker ZX 1000x1 Amp I want to use. My plan is a Single Kicker L7 10" to go in my truck. Should I purchase 4 ohm or 2 ohm? I have no interest in pounding out every last watt. I just want it to hit hard when necessary and last a long time. Thanks for the help.
Purchase the 4ohm 10L7 so the amp will push 500watts to the 600watt rms subwoofer. You could get the 2ohm sub, so the amp pushes the entire 1000 watts to the sub as well, but you will have to back off the gains.

I plan to use a custom ported box for the L7
I use to be an AC tech and worked with capacitors daily. It will be a interesting read to see why they are useless in a DC application.

Thank you for your help!
compared to a battery or a stronger alternator, a capacitor doesn't come close to helping with a strong current draw.

Purchase the 4ohm 10L7 so the amp will push 500watts to the 600watt rms subwoofer. You could get the 2ohm sub, so the amp pushes the entire 1000 watts to the sub as well, but you will have to back off the gains.
Lower gain is always better than a maxed out amp. You saying this explains a lot

Small mainstream capacitors do not solve voltage issues in a positive way. They just stress your amps.

If you want good capacitors, try Maxwell or XS.

Small mainstream capacitors do not solve voltage issues in a positive way. They just stress your amps.
If you want good capacitors, try Maxwell or XS.
Maxwell bank would be expensive for him. Small XS I agree.

So I purchase a 2ohm L7 and lower the gain? I would rather not push my amp wide open all the time. Having a combo that allows me to run at 60% or less would seem ideal for me.

Taylorfade did a test with an M4a on completely stock electrical, except for a cap bank. I was impressed, but I don't see how it was possible.
My friend uses them. I've priced buying everything I would need , he was saying the rapid charge & discharge rate is crazy. But I have no hands on With them. I went with XS battery and going to buy a few more soon.

My friend uses them. I've priced buying everything I would need , he was saying the rapid charge & discharge rate is crazy. But I have no hands on With them. I went with XS battery and going to buy a few more soon.
I looked into them but the pros said you still need a secondary battery with a bank. That would work for orgs than limit batteries but I don't see much benefit daily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.