Kicker L7 Solobarics 12" GOOD OR BAD?

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 27K
U

Unregistered

Anyone got any advice on these kicker's l7 solobarics? 12 inches. i want to get this for my car...two of these and like a rockford fosgate power 1000 amp

let me know if these subs are good or not.

These are some bad woofers, they go deep, hard and low. I had 2L7 12's on a DEI 1100, and they rocked. That DEI puts out about 1100 watts rms. I am going with 4 L7 12's on 2 BD 1500.1 Punch Power Amps. So that BD 1000.1 on 2 L7 12's will move the neighborhood.

what would you say thou to thoes that say they have horrid sound quality and blow very easily, Ill agree that they can blow easy, think about it, a circle magnet circle cone circle everything and then a square cone, that produces weak points, Just my opinion.

i like the idea of a square cone, the subs may need more improvemnts, but the idea is there... has anyone ever done a wall of them, i bet that would look sweet, a huge wall just moving at you, hahah, kinda like if ur high, pot ***** though

I have heard many setups with the kicker L7's and I am not a big fan. I have always been a SQ guy myself and I have found that they tend to not hit very accurately (thats why I stick to JL subs in a sealed box...don't get much cleaner than that!) I will admit that they are very very loud though, but I have heard some installations that do not perform up to capabilities because of not following specs EXACTLY. My advice for you would be pump em if you like it loud, but if ya want it clean go for somethin else...

JELLYDIME

Oh man. Anyone who even asks whether or not L7s are loud really need to start listening to setups. I have 2 15L7s on a Kicker KX1200.1 parallel wired so they each see 1450 watts. I am telling you... There are setups that are louder but not many, no not many at all. The only things that come close are Strokers, and a few of DD and MMats models. I swear... One of my friends at school wanted to hear it so I blasted it. Not a head within 50 feet was not looking at my car. Needless to say I had to give a few more demos before I could get home. Trust me. Saying that L7s are incredible is an understatement. They not only rock the neighborhood, they rock the neighborhoods foundation. And I have not even broken them in yet. Now if that is not power, I do not know what is. If you are considering purchasing L7s, go for it. You will not be disappointed. And their SQ really is not as bad as some people say. I think it is the new cone material that the 2002 L7s use and that they are actually louder in compact sealed boxes than in a ported box. If anyone does not believe me on that I'll e-mail you the graphs. Incredible sub. 4 stars, 2 thumbs up, 1 deaf person //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by schrunk what would you say thou to thoes that say they have horrid sound quality and blow very easily, Ill agree that they can blow easy, think about it, a circle magnet circle cone circle everything and then a square cone, that produces weak points, Just my opinion.
i've heard a couple setups, and i'm not sure if they blow easy, but i have noticed that they don't have very good sq, it sounds almost like a distortion. I wouldn't recomend these for SQ, they do however hit ****ing hard. I was concidering them because i heard they hit hard, and i want something that hits hard, but then i heard the SQ and realized that they weren't for me. I don't think they sound very good at all SQ wise, but SPL they're really nice

hey i had 2 of the solo baric l7 12's wanting to compete and i didn't even have them a month and the **** rubber around the edges started ripping. they hit extremely hard but i wouldn't tell anyone to buy them because of that. i had a rockford 800.2 amp running at 2 oms it would pound but they don't last long\

I never had any problems with the cone ripping on mine, but i did blow it just about a week ago. the plus to them is that they do have a 3 year warranty, i believe, i could be wrong, correct me if so. but i gotta send it back and ill have a new one soon

how about the JL's vs Alumapro Alchemy's eh? or the perfect 12's? I know I can get the alchemy 12 dvc for 230 and the perfect 12 for 160.. what would you people recommend

The only things with these is that many people dunno that they require a good 2 week break in period. They will last longer if you break them in first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.