kicker l7 keeps moving when no sound?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sharp_Shoota
10+ year member

UK
Ok i just put an l7 in my trunk and am powering it with a 700w QC amp, when i wire the sub normaly it works ok but then its only getting 350w right? so i bridged it to get the full 700w and it works ok but the sub keeps moving in and out even when there is no sound coming out and when i skip tracks n stuff, anyone know whats wrong?

i think it's dvc... not 2 sure if they make an svc l7... but if ur amp is a 2 channel amp and you are putting both + and both - on the terminals and bridging it then it's running @ 2 ohms bridged... and it's prolly not 2 ohm stable bridged

Ok here is some more info about my amp

QXT200 4 ohm 2 x 100W RMS (400W MAX) Bridged 1 x 350W RMS (700W MAX) 2 ohm 2 x 160W RMS (640W MAX) WRC included Variable 12dB crossovers | Variable 0-18dB bass boostInduction cooling fan | WRC ready2 ohm stable | RCA & speaker inputs.

I have this years model kicked l7 4ohm, duel voice coil.

It worked ok when it was bridged before but now ive built a new enclosure for it and when i put it in this started happening. Althp it cant be my box its exactly the same dimensions as my old one just better built and thicker. :S

What do you mean by out of phase?

Is it safe to still use my sub while its doing this? since it still plays fine.

Is your sub wired like this (both +s together and both -s together) ?
1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif
isnt that parallel jmac?

Yes ... Or he could wire it in series to 8 ohms for 200 watts ... I wouldn't recommend either, but I think he tried to wire his subs in parallel and accidentally messed up or something ...
thats why i was asking you cause i thought he jacked up the wiring.

yeh thats how i wired the sub coil 2 - is connected to coil 1 - which is connected to right - on the amp

coil 2 + is connected to coil1 + which is connected to left + on the amp

Thats how it said to wire it in the kicker manuel, how else should I wire it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.