Kicker L7 15s Smoking?

Euth_In_Asia
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Nashville
I just got a RF 1000bd and had them on my L710s and they were just fine. I had the gain to about 3/8 and the sub level on +4 on my head unit. I just switched my subs and but my 15s in and after about 10 minutes of driving I started to smell a kind of burning. I had the gain on the same sub level on +2. I'm wondering what could cause this? Bad wiring? These are pretty old so I think they've been broken in (but the person I bought them from was using a Volvensomething amp 2600 watts). I opened the trunk and could smell them a bit more distinctly. I also had this problem with the 15s when I had my Memphis Pr1000. The 10s ran just fine. Thanks in advanced.

theys kickers theys pretty much bullet proof subs...it takes a real powerful system to blow a kicker sub...sometime the assembly glue will give off a slight oder that smells like burning during the break in period...but its nothing to be alarmed about...enjoy your subs...beat them hard...they can take the abuse...Hell man they Kicker....

theys kickers theys pretty much bullet proof subs...it takes a real powerful system to blow a kicker sub...sometime the assembly glue will give off a slight oder that smells like burning during the break in period...but its nothing to be alarmed about...enjoy your subs...beat them hard...they can take the abuse...Hell man they Kicker....
Thanks I just sold them last night. I'm thinking about getting some Jl w7 10s now...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.