Kicker L5 12" Sub - New 2008 Model vs. Older Silver Sub (2005)

Participant count
  • Participant list

AnGrY334

Does anybody have any feedback on the older silver L5 vs. the new black 2008 model....Pros? Cons? Need input asap as I'm purchasing it in a couple days...thanks in advance

Also, I had a ported enclosure on my JL w7 13.5 but it was too crazy and am downgrading. Is ported or sealed the way to go with the 12"......looking for good sound quality while still hitting hard enough to sound good from the outside. Thanks again.

There isn't a difference, besides the color of the cone.

If you want SQ, don't look at an L5. They're more towards SPL, and not SQ.

Why do you want it to "sound good from the outside" ? That's just asking for trouble with cops and people following you to jack your ****.

wherethisthreadgoing.jpg

Does anybody have any feedback on the older silver L5 vs. the new black 2008 model....Pros? Cons? Need input asap as I'm purchasing it in a couple days...thanks in advance
Also, I had a ported enclosure on my JL w7 13.5 but it was too crazy and am downgrading. Is ported or sealed the way to go with the 12"......looking for good sound quality while still hitting hard enough to sound good from the outside. Thanks again.
If the JL was too crazy why would you want a set of fart ass L5 instead.

Could you elaborate on your setup being "too crazy" for me I am trying to figure out what you mean?

Your picking lower line SPL subs to replace a great SQL subwoofer?

Build a new box for your W7. maybe the last box was tuned to like 40 or something and you just need to tune it to 32 or somethign to really get the low end.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.