Kicker KX2400.1 vs ZX2500.1 or SQ 2200. Help!

Q12 - Fi Car Audio Store

if you want sealed a pair of these with the high qts option would be a much better choice and save on the amp with the jbl //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Boston-Acoustics-SPG555-2-13-Single-2-ohm-Oval-SPG-Car-Subwoofers-Subs-/301361201238?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item462a870056

or 2 of these and run dual amps one per subwoofer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boston-Acoustics-SPG555-2-13-Car-Subwoofer-JBL-GTO-1001EZ-Monoblock-Amplifier-/291341882324?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item43d55453d4&vxp=mtr

they only require 1 cube sealed and later if you want a mor eported sound you can order the passive radiators and tune the sealed box at 30/35/40hz in a small 1 cube box

Yep, Big Scott has it. The Soundqubed subs would "rather" be in a ported enclosure... Even though you are set on sealed, there would be better overall performance and quality in a ported application with these woofers.

never heard of a kicker kx 2400 i had a kx 2500 that did almost 3k on clamp excellent amp never over heated, solid, i miss that amp... yeah kx over zx all day zx overheat faster... granted i never 1 ohm'd either id go kx over zx though from personal experience... ran that kx on a single hdc4 ported.... so nice....

Planning on powering two HDS312's in a sealed enclosure. Since the amp will be running much harder and hotter because I'm not going ported, would the Q1-2200 suffice? I was also thinking, the new KX series amp is known for its staying-cool capabilities and state of the art technology which would be ideal. Downside is the price. Then I noticed the older ZX2500 but know nothing about it or how well it performs under hard play. So my question is should i go will the budget Q1, medium priced ZX or high priced KX. Trying to stay on budget but not at the expence of quality.
Note: I am set on the enclosure type and sub choice, just asking about these amps under those conditions. Thanks!
look for old kx

It's the same as ported as long as the ratio is right. That old myth comes for prefabs playing to low. You can get a sub moving in a sealed box.
Usually in a ported box they will handle a bit more power .. So I disagree

Thanks for all the help guys! Lots of options to choose from now, including a PM recommending Zapco. Though according to the following statement I quoted from the same website I quoted earlier, the HDS312's would prefer a sealed enclosure since they have an EBP of 40 or 45. Right? And right now my alt and batt are stock which I know isn't enough for this much power.

"The first thing to look at is the Efficiency Bandwidth Product for this driver. The EBP can aid you in selecting the proper enclosure for any speaker. To get this, we use the following equation:

EBP = Fs / Qes = 43 / 0.352 = 122

An EBP of 122 is indicative of a speaker best used in a ported enclosure. If the EBP had been lower, say between 50 and 90, you would get decent performance in a variety of enclosures - a "Jack-of-all-Trades" driver. EBP below 50 are generally best for sealed boxes. Don't misunderstand, you can put any driver into any enclosure, but you might be disappointed with the results. EBP is simply a guide, however, and good performance has been attained with drivers seemingly unsuited to a particular application."

Thanks for all the help guys! Lots of options to choose from now, including a PM recommending Zapco. Though according to the following statement I quoted from the same website I quoted earlier, the HDS312's would prefer a sealed enclosure since they have an EBP of 40 or 45. Right? And right now my alt and batt are stock which I know isn't enough for this much power.
"The first thing to look at is the Efficiency Bandwidth Product for this driver. The EBP can aid you in selecting the proper enclosure for any speaker. To get this, we use the following equation:

EBP = Fs / Qes = 43 / 0.352 = 122

An EBP of 122 is indicative of a speaker best used in a ported enclosure. If the EBP had been lower, say between 50 and 90, you would get decent performance in a variety of enclosures - a "Jack-of-all-Trades" driver. EBP below 50 are generally best for sealed boxes. Don't misunderstand, you can put any driver into any enclosure, but you might be disappointed with the results. EBP is simply a guide, however, and good performance has been attained with drivers seemingly unsuited to a particular application."
EBP of around 50 is usually a good indicator that it will play in many box setups. This isn't always a 100% go to formula though. I personally have no exp. with Soundquebed so cannot tell you if this holds water with this particular sub. The QTS also makes me think sealed box setup so I think sealed should be fine off of the quick numbers look over. Actually that sub specs terrible ported after I ran a quick winisd on it. Now a bunch of specs are missing which seems to be the new way audio companies like to go so I can't be for certain but the numbers all point to sealed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.