Kicker CVX

Daddy_
10+ year member

I just bought a new amp and received it yesterday. It's a new Rockford fosgate t1500bdcp. At 1ohm it does 1940 and at 2 ohms it does 1757. I'm looking to purchase 2 12" kicker cvx and was wondering if I should run them at 1ohm or 2ohm. At 1ohm each sub will get 970rms and at 2ohm each sub will get 879rms. They are rated 750rms and 1500max vmy question is how much can you overpower these subs and what what you wire the final ohm load?

yeah ^^^^, there's much more equipment out there than kickers. look around this forum and do some researching, you will find better subs for your money. cvx's aren't bad, but for $300 a piece you can get better, much better.

Yes I know I can get better stuff that's why I am asking if they can handle it or not. I have a 270 mechman alternator and a xs power d2400 battery under the hood. I will do the big 3 once get my equitment installed. For space I haven't measured it but it's going in a 2012 Lexus is350 rwd.

Yes I know I can get better stuff that's why I am asking if they can handle it or not. I have a 270 mechman alternator and a xs power d2400 battery under the hood. I will do the big 3 once get my equitment installed. For space I haven't measured it but it's going in a 2012 Lexus is350 rwd.
Nice ride... Well youll be good with electrical so it just comes down to what space you want to give up

I'd look at Obsidian Audio 12's or Sundown Audio SA 12's. Both would do great on that power. I bet a single Tantric Sounds 15 would get down on that amp as well, if you have the room for it.

Thanks I just got the Lexus last month. It has the F package on it too. So it should be fine at 1ohm. I might msg use the whole trunk space and a ported box and the port coming through from the ski hole. I just wanted to get an idea if it can take it or not. I can always give the amp to my brother and get a Rockford fosgate t2500bdcp. If I goes with these underground brand it wil be either the fi q or bl, dc audio lv4 with lv5 parts, asendent audio havoc. Any of these should be good on the t2500.

Thanks I just got the Lexus last month. It has the F package on it too. So it should be fine at 1ohm. I might msg use the whole trunk space and a ported box and the port coming through from the ski hole. I just wanted to get an idea if it can take it or not. I can always give the amp to my brother and get a Rockford fosgate t2500bdcp. If I goes with these underground brand it wil be either the fi q or bl, dc audio lv4 with lv5 parts, asendent audio havoc. Any of these should be good on the t2500.
Yep they can takee it depending on box specs...

All the subs you just mentioned are good choices, surprised you even mentioned the Kickers. I'd take the AA's out of that list probably. I'd really suggest you check out the Tantric subs though, they are beasts.

Well this is my first setup so I'm still learning stuff. The only reason I'm not fully dedicated to the underground brands is because I've never heard them in person and how is the warranty and stuff if something goes wrong. If something goes wrong with these bigger brands like kicker alpine jl audio etc they will cover it. What is the website trantic subs. So you think 2 12" AA havoc running off the the Rockford fosgate t2500 will be the best? I'm looking to accomplish a system that is very loud yet at the same time has sound quality like a w7

Well this is my first setup so I'm still learning stuff. The only reason I'm not fully dedicated to the underground brands is because I've never heard them in person and how is the warranty and stuff if something goes wrong. If something goes wrong with these bigger brands like kicker alpine jl audio etc they will cover it. What is the website trantic subs. So you think 2 12" AA havoc running off the the Rockford fosgate t2500 will be the best? I'm looking to accomplish a system that is very loud yet at the same time has sound quality like a w7
Read around here for a week or so and youll will learn a lot about the different companies

yeah, underground probably isnt the best word to describe the smaller companies. they are just as good if not better, underground makes em sound shady lol

Well what do you guys think will hit the hardest but still have nice quality. I want to order everything and get this build done before winter kicks in around here. The amp for the subs should be either the RF t1500 or RF t2500. Give me some ideas about these smaller companies. I'm looking to run 2 10" or 2 12" at most. Nothing bigger

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.