NEED HELP! 2 12 inch Kicker comp + sony xplod amp

rayy166
10+ year member

UPDATE: Okay so.. i got the speakers out of the box, im going to my local audio store today to get a new box, what should I get?like i said befor i listen to rap/hiphop only... i have a 99 mustang so i was thinking about getting 2 boxes, one for each speaker. since my trunk aint that big. any suggestions? I also got an Jensen 420w amp, they hit pretty **** good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys...
i m about to but to buy 2 12 inch kicker comp in box, i already have an sony xlode amp (800w)

Will i be able to power the 2 12s good? so i will hit the nice low bass notes and everything?
how much you paying?

itll power the 12s but you have a sealed box so the lows wont be great. You could pull the subs and stuff the chambers with polyfill to get a little more low end.

Those subs are actually not bad for beginners system. They sound good on low power. Don't pay more than they are worth if you haven't bought them yet, though. Don't pay more than 100ish. those Sony explod amps are junk. Are the subs dual or single voice coil? Also what ohm? If you don't know what that means just tell us the model number. That will determine what amp you should use.

Those subs are actually not bad for beginners system. They sound good on low power. Don't pay more than they are worth if you haven't bought them yet, though. Don't pay more than 100ish. those Sony explod amps are junk. Are the subs dual or single voice coil? Also what ohm? If you don't know what that means just tell us the model number. That will determine what amp you should use.
no more than 50 lol... single vc

not gonna lie here my two comp 10s in 1 cube each would dig deep in my old truck. i was feeding them 600w+ each though. the 12s would dig deep in about 1.5 each abd i would suggest at least a 500w true rms amp. that sony isnt going to provide much for the comps depending on the ohm load.

i seriously thinking of two comp 15s infinite baffle on my new car. they are supposed to work ib quite well and at 100bucks each i can stand to try them out and if i hate them i can just toss them.

Hey guys...
i m about to but to buy 2 12 inch kicker comp in box, i already have an sony xlode amp
The subs aren't awful if OP gots to come in at that $ level....the above be da prob, just like Payton and others have already noted.

Still, lots of room for improvement....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.