kicker cvx

yomamma4
10+ year member

stl, mo
ok well i got 2 kicker cvx in a spl box with a kicker 1000 watt amp i know im under powering them but im getting a mustang and switching to a compact box, but wat i was wondering i got them in a full spl box in a 98 gmc jimmy, if you listen to it long enough on ay bay bay they'll make your ears bleed. i just wanna know with my amp cranked to the limit how many dbs i could put out, my bro has 2 12 l5s inn a 99 eclipse same amp and all bc of the hatchback you can hear it farther than mine but mine is way louder on the inside, im just wondering 2 things, if i go up against a honda civic with 2 12 l5s in it with a 1000 watt amp i should blow them away right? and im not to much under powering them to distort them right? also, if i decided to get a convertible mustang how sbad will it sound like with the top up? top down?

thanks alot

i had 2 cvx 12s in a 4.5 cube 35hz box on 2krms in a suv and it didnt make ears bleed so im seriously doubting urs does.........4 18s dont even make ears bleed.....

will it sound bad in a convertible? im thinking a 94 cobra with a 302 5 speed stick then put some money into it. ill need to switch to compact sealed for that though

my farts hits high enough dbs to make your ears bleed..and there is no telling how many dbs you could put out..i know a guy with 2 L5 15 05-06 model i cant remember, and cant break 140 its in a single cab truck too..and if you get a convertable its not gonna sound too loud while your driving with the top down

hmm well my dad is a mechanic and is pretty good at modding cars, im gunna get about 10 grand saved up, and buy my car mustang cobra preferably hard top so if i roll i dont die instantly, with a 302 and 5 speed, mount radar scramblers in rear and front bumpers radar detector custom box amp on surface of trunk with glow around it plexiglass over it, then under glow and glow throughout interior and exterior intake and exaust and chip will be my first things i put in it, well that whole list there is.

hey i got a spl box premade from custom sounds how do i found out what frequency it will sound best at call them and ask for specs? or mayb its on net?

also my mom was born deaf and i have some medical conditions which might be why my ears bleed easy they used to not at all then i turned them off for a while then all of a sudden a turned them on and turned up and blasted it in my school parking lot for about 20 minutes for my freinds cuz i got the loudest in school, and that was the first time i listened to it in a long time and when i got home i cleaned out my ear and noticed my ear wax was almost looking like blood

idk much about the freq i was more about the electical part bc my dad was a electrician too and im good at math i havnt taken the time to look at these for a while sorry for my ignorance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.