Kicker 07CVR154

depends on what ur lookin for, im guessin u aint tryin to compete or nuthin with that sub so id suggest just a prefab ported box and a decent 500 watt at 2 ohm amp browse on ebay for boxes and check out ur local craigslist for amps

I need an enclosure for this 15" sub, and I also need an amp for it. Any recommendations?
What are your goals? Just some good daily bump? I would have to advise against a prefab box. If you have the means to build your own you are going to see much better results with a box tailored to the subs specs instead of some ****** prefab. Lots of people here who can help you with a box design . If its a simple ported or sealed box I would be happy to help ya with it. How much space do you have to work with?

I don't know what your budget is, but here is one of the best Class D mono amps made today. WoofersEtc.com - C51000D - Crossfire Monoblock 1000W CS Series Amplifier
I'm guessing with the purchase of a 15" CVR he's probably not going to spend 500 bucks on an amp. But ya never know... OP buy an Audiopipe off VM Innovations for around 100 bucks shipped and it'll be fine with that CVR. Also look into DC Creations for getting a box built. He's on here with the user name pro-rabbit. He's built 2 of mine so far and they're excellent. Where in Missouri are you?

no, but if he wanted one of the best bass amps, as far as rated output and durability.. there it is.. very underrated and built like a brick shithouse.
True. Crossfire is one of the best lesser known names in car audio imo.

True. Crossfire is one of the best lesser known names in car audio imo.
oh yea, they have been around a while. Good, solid stuff. How reliable is that $100.00 Audiopipe?...seems to be hit and miss on reliability issues, they seem "flimsy", i guess is the word to describe the one I looked at in the pawn shop. The terminals felt like they seemed kind of loose to the wiggle test on the NIB specimen I examined. Personally, I would rather pay more for solid, reliable power and peace of mind. Seems like Class D quality degrades drastically from the $250 (online price) level down overall. There are a few bargains that come with peace of mind, but not many. I was going to recommend reliable power and high current ability at a lower impedance than needed along with years of service with proper use. If OP can't afford the build quality of the Crossfire, there are cheaper Class D amps in that power range from Sundown, AQ, PPI, American Bass, DC Audio, etc. that would give decent peace of mind as well. Another option would be some of the 2ohm stable amps from Alpine, JBL, etc. for a decent peace of mind.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.