Kick Panels VS. Factory locations...

Participant count
  • Participant list

bt2513
10+ year member

I have a 95 Honda Civic 4 dr. and I am going to install some component speakers up front. Before I do this, I was wondering... because I've heard two different things, what is better? Should I build kick panels to handle the staging or should I mount my woofer in the factory location and then mount the tweeter somewhere above the dash or inside the door near the window and lock controls?? what gives better staging? I've heard that components sound better when they are close together but high end should be coming from above the dash.

BT

kick panels look good as long as they are done right. i would go with some Q-logic custom made one's for your car and NOT build them yourself unless you are a really good box builder or craftsman. i have built about 10-15 custom boxes using everything from fiberglass to just plain mdf to plexiglass. i am telling you this it is a real ***** to build kick panels. i helped a friend of mine put some in his truck for a set of 8in componets and it took forever. just thought you might wanna look into getting some custom built one's through order man look into it.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.