Kenwood x590

RollinRemz05
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Is the Kenwood KDC-x590 head unit good? Im getting it brand new for $160. Thanks.

CD player with built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)

Fold-down, detachable face with LCD display

Plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files)

Advanced Codec (AC) Drive with Voice Index on Tap gives verbal confirmation of digital music folders and files

System Q EX Sound Control (6 tone presets and a 3-band parametric equalizer)

System E's+ Advanced Crossover system

24-bit digital-to-analog converter

Satellite radio controls (SIRIUS or XM subscription, tuner, and antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal)

HD Radio-ready (will control Kenwood's HD Radio tuner)

CD changer controls

IPod-ready

Dual zone audio control

3 sets of 4-volt preamp outputs

USB input

CR-2 tuner

18 FM/6 AM presets

Wireless remote

Clock

CD frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz

CD signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB

FM sensitivity: 9.3 dBf

I have no hands-on experience with that specific deck but I have been an unwaveringly loyal eXcelon fan for many years now...

THe first I ever bought was a KDC-X569 which for the money was a solid deck that had a couple of annoying limitations in regards to the onboard crossover network. Those limitations were eliminated/corrected in following years so I'd say for $160 you can't go wrong with that 590, fella //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

would it be fair to say that the excelon decks with 24bit Burr will be similiar in SQ?

i was asking because i was gonna get the x890 but i dont want to put to much stress on my finances so i might settle with the x590

the x590 has the same Burr Down converters as the x889

so would the x590 be similiar in SQ as the x889?

would it be fair to say that the excelon decks with 24bit Burr will be similiar in SQ?i was asking because i was gonna get the x890 but i dont want to put to much stress on my finances so i might settle with the x590

the x590 has the same Burr Down converters as the x889

so would the x590 be similiar in SQ as the x889?
The X889 has much better processing IIRC (time alignment and things such as that) but deck to deck with none of that processing enabled they should sound comparable, yes.

Fair enough on the not using it to its full potential.

You're welcome for the replies. I'm a die-hard Kenwood fan for years and years and my last three HUs have been eXcelons (my first, as previously mentioned, was a KDC-X569 which got upgraded to a KDC-X679 which last Christmas I upgraded to the XXV-01D I have currently)

I don't at all mind helping someone out who is wanting to go with gear I personally believe in and consequently advocate purchasing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Absolutely! The Excelon line is fantastic. SQ is wonderful. I love mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif For the price you are getting it is a steal. You won't be disapointed with that HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.