Kenwood kvt-512

Participant count
  • Participant list

UrbanSounds
10+ year member

Hello,

Ok I just finished installing a kenwood indash, two headrest, a second dvd player for the headrest, navi, and on-star mod by pac.

Trying to get all the wires to fit in the dash was a pain in the butt, (01 suburban). but I managed. everything worked well. However a little later the customer calls and tells me there is a white line going across the screen.

He says that he cant feel it, so its not cracked and it doesnt look scratched. I had him hit the reset button but still there.

Any idea what it could be.

Thanks

Hello,
Ok I just finished installing a kenwood indash, two headrest, a second dvd player for the headrest, navi, and on-star mod by pac.

Trying to get all the wires to fit in the dash was a pain in the butt, (01 suburban). but I managed. everything worked well. However a little later the customer calls and tells me there is a white line going across the screen.

He says that he cant feel it, so its not cracked and it doesnt look scratched. I had him hit the reset button but still there.

Any idea what it could be.

Thanks
Cant usually feel small cracks in LCD screens. But cracks don't usually show up as white lines. The screen could be pinched on the sides. Its more then likely faulty regardless

what could the ground noise be coming from.

If the screen was pinced would it still be able to open and close, and why did the line appear much later.

Do you think the pac mod for the on star has anything do to with it.

Im thinkin its a defective unit.

Probably a defective unit...you shouldn't be getting any ground feedback...and if it was a crack more than likely the lines would be oscillating and colored.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.