Am I safe?

Kargo
10+ year member

Edmonton
Ok I have a 2001 Toyota Highlander. I'm pretty sure I have an 80amp alternator.

I'm running an Optima Yellow Top (D34/78 - 12V - 750cca - 870ca - 120rc). My amp is an Alpine MRP-1000 and I have a Boss 4 farad cap powering 2 12' Type R. I have a head unit and an EQ. I am using the stock premium sound so I am using the fatory amp (must be pretty small). I am running a 4ga wire to my cap and then to my MRP-1000 amp. My voltages according to my cap are 14 at idle and around 12.6-13.6 while playing.

I am upgrading my front stage to some Morel Dotech Ovation 6 and am going to power them with a Diamond Audio D3 500.4. I am going to leave my rears stock and power them with the factory amp.

My plan was to replace my 4ga wire with a 2ga. I would be running the 2ga from my bat to the cap. I would then distro block the 2ga into 4ga to feed the amps. Would this work with my eletrical system or would I be stressing it too much asking for trouble?

I would suggest getting rid of the cap and replacing it with a good battery. If you don't have the money for another battery upgarde the Big 3 in 1/0, run 1/0 front to back and 4 gauge to the amp's and you should be pretty good in term's of voltage for the power you will be running.

Ok I have a 2001 Toyota Highlander. I'm pretty sure I have an 80amp alternator.I'm running an Optima Yellow Top (D34/78 - 12V - 750cca - 870ca - 120rc). My amp is an Alpine MRP-1000 and I have a Boss 4 farad cap powering 2 12' Type R. I have a head unit and an EQ. I am using the stock premium sound so I am using the fatory amp (must be pretty small). I am running a 4ga wire to my cap and then to my MRP-1000 amp. My voltages according to my cap are 14 at idle and around 12.6-13.6 while playing.

I am upgrading my front stage to some Morel Dotech Ovation 6 and am going to power them with a Diamond Audio D3 500.4. I am going to leave my rears stock and power them with the factory amp.

My plan was to replace my 4ga wire with a 2ga. I would be running the 2ga from my bat to the cap. I would then distro block the 2ga into 4ga to feed the amps. Would this work with my eletrical system or would I be stressing it too much asking for trouble?
I would ditch the cap and do the whole thing in 1/0 wire. To me 2 gauge wire is like putting 89 in your car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.