Kenwood KDC-X996, Pioneer DEH-80PRS, or Alpine CDE-138BT

Participant count
  • Participant list
How do you think they compare to some of the bigger name companies sound wise? High end ones such as Hertz and Focal?
I haven't had a chance to hear them in person yet so I can't honestly say, although there is a price gap, Hertz and Focal are 300-500 dollar units.

Very true. I know everybody around here says that Alpine Type R's are the way to go till you get to that level. Have you heard those to compare them to?
Are you still talking about components? (as referenced to Hertz/Focal?)

If you're talking about subwoofers, I can say I enjoyed both my Type R (3rd gen [600rms]) and SKAR VVX15 but I would have to pick my 15 over the Type R.

Yes components sorry. I found the VXI65 are those the ones you are talking about? Spec wise should be nice and look good to
Yes and VXI65 are what I'm talking about, and I have NOT heard the Type R components, but I'm sure you won't be disappointed as I said with the VXI's

Hertz and Focal have great components. But I would go with Hybrid Audio Technologies... Best speakers you can get for the money. Get an Imagine set and you wont be disappointed. I would only use the higher end Focal, and all the Hertz stuff is nice. Morel is another company with good stuff!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.