Kenwood KDC-5019 security code input

Participant count
  • Participant list

CvTech

I just purchased a Kenwood KDC-5019 off eBay, used and working. I downloaded the manual from Kenwood's site and tried to input the secutiry code. Well I didn't receive the security code, but I think its inscribed on the top of the unti. I read the manual and tried to enter the code but I get nothing or more specifically the face just goes back into Mask mode.

From the manual:

1 Enter Standby

Press the [sRC] button.

Select the "ALL OFF" display.

2 Enter Menu mode

Press the [MENU] button for at least 1 second.

When "MENU" is displayed, "Security" is displayed.

3 Enter Security Code mode

Press the [4] or [¢] button for at least 1 second.

When "ENTER" is displayed, "CODE" is displayed.

4 Enter the Security Code

Press the [#1] — [#4] button.

Example: If the Security Code is "3510".

Step Button #Times pressed Display

1 [#1] 4 "3"

2 [#2] 6 "5"

3 [#3] 2 "1"

4 [#4] 1 "0"

5 Confirm the Security Code

Press the [DISP] button for at least 3 seconds.

When "RE-ENTER" is displayed, "CODE" is displayed.

6 Do the step 4 and 5 step operation, and reenter the security

code.

"APPROVED" is displayed.

The Security Code function activates.

But after I enter the code, press and hold DISP the disp reverts back to into itself. Does anyone have advice on what I am doing wrong?

Thanx!

ah really?!? I am going about putting in the code right? See the problem is that I do not even get past the point where it says "RE-ENTER" so I can put the code in again. I'm not sure if I am even doing this right.

I would like to attempt to try to get this unit working. I busted my other unit, am tight in money currently, but really need some tunes in the car. For $50 this was a good option at least for me to try.

I've been without tunes for 2 weeks in my car which might as well mean that I have been dead for 2 weeks. So any HELP would good.

Thanx again!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.