2000 yukon aftermarket deck

Participant count
  • Participant list
A bat, a gun, and whatever else you can find to beat the **** out of your truck...

Those are such pains in the ass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ill get someone else to do it, thank you
I've yet to touch an OnStar equipped GM yet (I'm not getting involved with those).

But on the newer GM's (IIRC, 2002 and up), they need a different wiring harness for the radio then the standard Metra 80-1858 wiring harness. They use the GMRC-01- without which, you will lose your door chime and domelight when a door is open. Also on the stock radio's there is no accessory wire- to install an aftermarket radio properly, without using the GMRC-01, you'd have to drop the steering wheel panels and tap into the ignition harness for a turn on wire.

Your truck might not need all of this however, since it's an 00.

you need a metra **-1858 harness... a dash kit which is a metra 99-3002... and metra 40gm10... or the equivalent... also... is it a bose system? if not... drop the glovebox and look behind it to the right... is there a metal box with a harness or 2 plugged into the side? if so then you have a factory amp... i usually bypass those but you MIGHT be able to use the remote turn on wire in the harness and play it through that amp... but i wouldn't...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.