kenwood head unit stuck on boot screen

Participant count
  • Participant list

bauer09

Hi All -

Obviously a newbie member here -- stumbled upon the site because I am having trouble with a Kenwood DDX6702s that I installed in my truck about 2 years ago.

I had the head unit out the other day trying to hook up a new backup camera and everything was working well. Then later that day, I turned the truck on and the unit boots to the opening "kenwood" screen, but will not go any further.

I have tried resetting, disconnecting power, and even removed the unit from the truck and bench tested it with 12v power only and I am getting the same result. In searching reviews on Amazon, it seems other folks have had similar issues after a year or so.

Any thoughts appreciated as to whether this unit is now toast.

Thanks!

Hi All -
Obviously a newbie member here -- stumbled upon the site because I am having trouble with a Kenwood DDX6702s that I installed in my truck about 2 years ago.

I had the head unit out the other day trying to hook up a new backup camera and everything was working well. Then later that day, I turned the truck on and the unit boots to the opening "kenwood" screen, but will not go any further.

I have tried resetting, disconnecting power, and even removed the unit from the truck and bench tested it with 12v power only and I am getting the same result. In searching reviews on Amazon, it seems other folks have had similar issues after a year or so.

Any thoughts appreciated as to whether this unit is now toast.

Thanks!
Sometimes behind the faceplate there will be a little button that says reset use a paper clip and press in you’ll feel it give and should hear the inside mechanism power up ..this resets the decks microprocessor...sometimes just disconnecting the battery doesn’t do that ..good luck

Thanks -- its a double-din CarPlay model, so no faceplate. The only mention of a reset in the manual is holding down the triangle and I've tried that multiple times at this point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.