Anyone with an Android system?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Its fine if you just want the features, will give you all the apps, backup cam and look nice. However if you ever plan on upgrading the sound system, those units are garbage for actual car audio.

Its fine if you just want the features, will give you all the apps, backup cam and look nice. However if you ever plan on upgrading the sound system, those units are garbage for actual car audio.
May i ask why you say that? I bought Avin over Pumkin, and was almost 2x the price. The Avin model i have is not listed anymore for reference, but i know it plays clean signal through rca outputs at full volume. has way too many audio settings than i care for tbh.

Edit: This is the same software/firmware i have

May i ask why you say that? I bought Avin over Pumkin, and was almost 2x the price. The Avin model i have is not listed anymore for reference, but i know it plays clean signal through rca outputs at full volume. has way too many audio settings than i care for tbh.
Edit: This is the same software/firmware i have

half @ssed time alignment in disguised as reverb? LOL, weak graphical EQ, low quality audio DAC aka sh*t sound from the start, literally zero crossover options, limited actual speaker level controls, yeah no thanks. GARBAGE for audio. 10000% still garbage compared to an actual head unit built for audio quality in mind.

Listen to a properly done front stage with proper quality DACs and proper audio setup and you'll see why i'm 100% against all things android. Literally with android there's a wet towel over your speakers. Thats what happens when you use a low quality audio DAC thats present in ALL these android head units. They dont have proper technology or budget to implement it. A straight up swap to a kenwood/pioneer head unit alone without any tuning will bring your music to life, it will completely sh*t on a fully tuned android unit tuned to the best of its ability. Its that drastic of a difference.

Never have i ever heard anything satisfactory out of an android setup unless they are running a DSP. worked with eonon, panelo, pumpkin, joying top specc'd head units. ALL sound like sh*t compared to the pioneer double din he ended up with. It might be okay to some people but to anyone that has any affinity for good sounding music, its literally a wet towel over your music. aka 96kbps vs lossless with android units vs a kenwood/pioneer/alpine.

We even rooted the head units and installed viper4android and managed to squeeze some more SQ capabilities out but its still miles behind the pioneer 491bs he went with.

TLDR, android units are for fun and good looks, not good sounds. plain and simple.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.