JVC KD-r995bts or ???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeffro83

Senior VIP Member
Alright guys I have been tearing Google up trying to figure out which head unit I want I really like the JVC x340bts but I do need a CD player and it has been a long while since I bought a head unit some of the newer features or a little mind-boggling without actually playing with one of these newer units but I think that the 995 BTS is the closest I can get to the 3:40 while still being able to play CDs the reason I want to roll it JVC is because that's what I had back in the day and I always liked how simple they were to use and I have zero experience with Pioneers interface except playing with it here in there in friends cars but if you guys think that Pioneer would be much better I might go that route right now I'm just trying to get my stuff in the car but I want a head unit that I can run active later down the road and that will give me plenty of room to build an awesome front stage thanks in advance for any help

Man I honestly have loved every JVC I've ever had can't remember the model numbers it was all roughly 8 plus years ago but still they were good head units
They wouldn't exactly awesome but that would these in units the new ones are made by Kenwood and a ****** save up a few dollars and get to the 440

Maybe I listed the wrong model number but it's the one Jeffdachef has been recommending it definitely don't have a CD player but it has every other feature you could want for like 60 bucks I think it was

Maybe I listed the wrong model number but it's the one Jeffdachef has been recommending it definitely don't have a CD player but it has every other feature you could want for like 60 bucks I think it was
get at least the 995 don't go cheap on hte source unit man!!

That's the one that I'm really liking so far as time alignment crossovers five volt pre outs three sets and a ton of other features that seem like they would come in handy I am hoping someone will know if it is 3 Way active capable I think it is but I'm not 100% sure won't be running 3-way active when I first install everything but that will be the first upgrade after I get it going I would love to do it now but my funds just won't allow it and I already have a bunch of coaxials and components sets plus it's not really that hard to change out door speakers

the 340 has the CD player
it 100% does not.

get at least the 995 don't go cheap on hte source unit man!!
They all use the same audio chipsets, dac and tuning technology. Makes zero difference on sound quality going from the 60 dollar unit to a 140 dollar unit.

I'd honestly just get the 340bts for 60 bucks and get a couple of 64 gig usbs for less than 20 bucks, get all your CDs and rip them into wav or flac with audacity. You literally save time, convenience and your cds from wear and tear. Literally no reason to use CDs nowadays in 2018. They are all digital signals.

The rest of your money can be put towards a solid 4 channel amp to actually use the network mode properly.

If you plan on buying the wiring harness and dash kit seperately, might want to hit up crutchfield to check on prices there because they include the install accessories free and their customer service is way better than other vendors.

it 100% does not.

They all use the same audio chipsets, dac and tuning technology. Makes zero difference on sound quality going from the 60 dollar unit to a 140 dollar unit.

I'd honestly just get the 340bts for 60 bucks and get a couple of 64 gig usbs for less than 20 bucks, get all your CDs and rip them into wav or flac with audacity. You literally save time, convenience and your cds from wear and tear. Literally no reason to use CDs nowadays in 2018. They are all digital signals.

The rest of your money can be put towards a solid 4 channel amp to actually use the network mode properly.

If you plan on buying the wiring harness and dash kit seperately, might want to hit up crutchfield to check on prices there because they include the install accessories free and their customer service is way better than other vendors.
I literally just got off the JVC website

it 100% does not.

The 995 is a cleaner better unit. Bare none.

I'd at least get the high res unit. Better dac and stronger preamps

The 995 is a cleaner better unit. Bare none. I'd at least get the high res unit. Better dac and stronger preamps
its the exact same dac and 1 volt higher pre amps. absolutely no difference. The 995 and 990 and 340 all share everything the same except stronger preamps. Literally its all from the same fking factory, same fking parts except the pre-amp stage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.