Kenwood dmx8520dabs installed in Navara STX won't power on on accessories

Participant count
  • Participants list

GeeData

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys,

just installed a Kenwood Car Play (dmx8520dabs) unit in the STX using the Aerpro FP9109XK kit. WIth an Aerpro ISO harness. I have 2 red wire options on the harness:

1. CANBUS ACC

2. Wired ACC

Using option 1 which was connected by default I got no power up of the unit on Accessories, ignition or when running the vehicle

Using option 2 it works on ignition and running but will not run on accessories.

I called Aerpro and they said thats normal due to the way factory units work with modern cars and how their system can;t replicate this.

Thinking more about this - isn't the wire labelled "Wired Acc" simply looking for a 12v+ feed ? Could I not tap into the 12V+ leg of say the Cig adaptor wire and feed it to this wire? Assuming (not ever tested) that the cig adaptor works on Accessories ?

Slightly annoyed that I discovered this little gem after dropping $1200 on the unit and facia kit. I do often listen to radio/make calls whilst parked sometimes like eating lunch or waiting for someone in the car at an appointment etc.dmx8520dabs

Had to do this in a Dodge Ram once. Should be easy to know with a test light or a dmm.
Thanks Marc2112,

Sorry I've probably confused some with my terminology. I assume this is a US based forum and I'm in Australia. Aerpro make aftermarket facia kits and wiring looms for various model cars using ISO looms. Navara is similar to the Nissan Frontier...a 2018 NP300 Navara sold in UK, Asia, Africa and Australia.

We're short on forums in Australia.

Thanks Marc2112,

Sorry I've probably confused some with my terminology. I assume this is a US based forum and I'm in Australia. Aerpro make aftermarket facia kits and wiring looms for various model cars using ISO looms. Navara is similar to the Nissan Frontier...a 2018 NP300 Navara sold in UK, Asia, Africa and Australia.

We're short on forums in Australia.
Yes I got that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.